• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Birds from the past

Started by Silencer, February 13, 2008, 06:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

I killed my first bird at the age of 12, I've been calling my whole life and learning from the best of em.
My dad wont part with any of his pictures of us growing up hunting, all the birds we got as teens.
I really cant and dont blame him.

These are the ones I do have.

1989, I was a senior in high school,  my dad and I.  I have this bird mounted but donated it to a local Rod n Gun club for their hunter safety course.

Forward ahead a year or so, after basic training and ait, home from the military.
Man I look like a kid !!

Silencer

Dont remember the years of these 2 birds.  But this one my go-tee is very thin   :roflmao:

This one, I really dont recall the hunt...

Silencer

Trying to put the serious pose on.... 

Same bird with my bro, we're the best turkey duo in these parts that I know.

Silencer

My best bird to date: Foggy Morning Mountain THUNDER !!!!!  Spring 2006, This hunt I can remember  :laf:

I have a few more odds and ends, but dont want to flood it too much !!

Hawks Feather

Nice birds and interesting pictures - senior hair, basic no hair.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

Silencer

Thanks Jerry

Here's a favorite, I'm not sure how old the youngest boy is in this pic with a ditch chicken

Hawks Feather

Now he looks happy.  I was one of the shooters at a dog club for a few years and I would have my girls help hold pheasants when I cleaned them.  They HATED it.   :argh:    Then there were the complaints from them about the taste of the "new" chickens we were eating. 

Jerry 

Silencer

This hunt here I'll never forget.  My dad, uncle and I were huntin togehter.  My uncle has since passed away. 
My dad got one of them new turkey scopes with the diamond in the middle.  My uncle and I were switching off calling
putting a bird in dads lap and he cleanly missed. 
We'll, the rest of the morning we ribbed him a good one and right before quitting time we got another bird going.
Dad said if I was such a good shot, go show him how its done then.
This bird came down the edge of a very VERY steep bank, I put the bead on him and let em have it.
It started floppin and I didnt want em to get away so I put my gun down and ran for the bird @!!!!@@!!!
I tackled the bird and we both proceded to to slide to the bottom of that bank face first.
As you can see in the photo we were both beat up, half the feathers on the breast were already removed from
the slide !!!!  :roflmao:

Silencer

Now I'm passing the tradition along.....

Boys first fall bird.. a hen

Total we all got that morning

Boys first spring gobbler

FinsnFur

Thats some good shots.
It's kinda fun to reminisce like that aint it?

You were seriously in need of a hair cut.

Oh and shut up Jerry :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cb223

COOL I bet you got alot of memories with those pics!

I've got a few from when I first started hutning, I sure look like a punk.
CHAD

Silencer

Oh I got it cut alright, and ever since I've had a buzz cut.  I tried growing normal hair but it just much easier
to have a high n tight plus all the grey I already have  :roflmao:

Silencer

This here was his first spring hunt, he could only hunt 1 day cuz dad had to work or he had school.
He was pretty bummed to hear them gobbling but they wouldnt commit.

I like this pic anyhow, I have since passed down the 870 bird slayer down to him.  Got a new 870 and 1187 for myself.

Silencer

Forgot to add last years bird, pic taken with the toy camera.  Glad I dont use that anymore  :wink:

And here's his tail feathers and beard on my wall.

HaMeR

Well I aint scared none!!  :pout: I'm still gonna try to get the best bird this year!!  :wink:

Those are some nice lookin birds!! Can't wait for it to start!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

Nice Silencer, I appreciate ya fellas sharing the pics of game I don't have up here in Alaska.  :congrats:

Silencer

Thanks Todd, but I'd still love to live in Alaska  :eyebrownod:

Here's a couple more, bear with me these are digi pic's taken of film pictures.

This is closer look of the bird in the fog on the round bail, you can see the beard better.

Here's one I called in for my supervisors son, getting some brownie points  :innocentwhistle:

Here's a friend of mine and myself, cant see the bird too well.

Silencer

Here's my bro and dad with one of the larger birds my brother has taken.  I think he had this one mounted.