• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First blood...

Started by nastygunz, September 19, 2010, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

...for my new Super Comanche .410 pistol...I use my spotting scope to watch the edges of a corn field..then when I spot a bushytail...I put the sneak on em...this ones a biggun:

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

FinsnFur

Holy crap what that'd thing weigh? 35 pounds?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Hes pwactically a wabbit  :wink:

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Huntinbull

At what range did you take the shot? how far can you kill tree rats with that shooter?
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

nastygunz

That shot was about 20 yards...the Comanches throw a good pattern, I think better then my Thompson Contender, they are a viable hunting rig for sure, if you do a search theres quite a bit of info on them...a great bargain for the price imho, some people mod em up also. They are not like many .410 shooters that throw a donut hole pattern and are no good further then 10 feet.

nastygunz

This is my 2 tone Comanche:

vvarmitr

:holdon: Did ya anoint it w/ first blood?  :shrug:
Dog Dropper & I want to know!  ;yes;

Silencer

beautiful gun and BIG as all get out squirrel !!!

nastygunz

Quote from: vvarmitr on September 23, 2010, 08:35:10 AM
:holdon: Did ya anoint it w/ first blood?  :shrug:
Dog Dropper & I want to know!  ;yes;

Dangitt...never even thought of it  :doh2:

nastygunz

The last of my Trinity of .410 Thunder:

nastygunz

What I am really after is a trophy .410 handgun mink!...I came close twice last year but lost em in the thick stuff...them little suckers are lightning fast and move through the thickest cover like they were strolling across a golf course.

Todd Rahm

Nice Nasty!!!!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

I broke the SC in on some grouse this last week, which is in a stir fry I'm fixing to eat right now.  :biggrin: I have to say I love this lil gun and will pick up another one for sure maybe two.  :innocentwhistle: I was really impressed with the distance at which I could knock the birds off thier feet too. I just need to figure out which shot keeps them from flopping a lil less that far away.  :nono:

I'll post pics when I can, and thanks to turning me on to these lil suckers.

nastygunz

Thats awesome Todd...I use 7 1/2 shot on the smaller stuff and #6 on the bigger..I gotta try some buck shot in mine sometime too....hey I paid $125.00 and $135.00 for both my classics...if I see another used one Ill own that too :yoyo:...come Winter I am gunna look around about putting some wood grips on mine...Ive discovered with the pattern you dont wanna take shots too close if you want to eat what your shooting...Ive had a good amount of bushytails I had to let move off a bit so I wouldnt ruin them from the shot :yoyo:

Todd Rahm

QuoteIve discovered with the pattern you dont wanna take shots too close if you want to eat what your shooting

Yeah, I think 10-12 yards is to close for the "Tenderizer"  :innocentwhistle:

Huntinbull

Thats pretty cool stuff. Might have to get me one of those. If it holds a pattern capable of killig squirrel to 25 yards, thats all right.
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.