• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Coon callin

Started by browning204, July 19, 2007, 07:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

There are actuaully Coon Squalers made.  They use an LVDR 002 reed in them.  That is the only one I know of.  Coon sounds are kind of different -

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

browning204

Quote from: studabaka on July 23, 2007, 06:01:29 PM
K...... but is there a hand call(s) that can be used to make those coon sounds or would I just go the distress route given I can't use an ecaller?

Sorry, I missed that you can't use an E-caller!!!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

bowslinger

i allways wanted to try coon calling we got anuff of them around here shoot 3 with my bow already they are getting in to ever thing

KySongDog

Coons are death on turkey nests.  I shoot every one I see.  Haven't tried calling them but I might give it a go.  They are pretty easy to trap.

bushmaster

I've got a knight&hale coon squaler that i bought from outdoor world.  Only hunted coons with it once, it worked.  Funny story actually.

Me and two kids (16 and 17) went out at night and setup on an open hardwood knoll with a dry creek bed on the bottom of one side and the river about 50 yards down the other.  I set up on the creek bed with one guy, the other went just over the top.  Not 3 minutes after blowin on that thing and I heard something scootin towards me down b the creek bed.  Before I could turn on the light, I heard claws scratchin bark and a loud crash in the leaves up on the hill behind me.  Then i hear "WHAT THE FUU-BangBang---Bang" and that classic sound of somethin tearin threw the dry leaves AWAY from me.  At this point I've lost focus on my critter and am rollin around, pissin my pants laughin. Guy gets on the radio goin "efefefef-did you hear that???  That dagon coon was gittin it down that there tree, 'well GODDAM!! "  Apparently, his coon just so happened to be in the tree he was leanin against.  It hauled ass down the tree and landed right next to him!!  Unfortunately in his state of panic he missed.  But I laughed about that one for a good week.

It seems to me that coon squalers are the same as a rabbit distress call.  They also work great on squirells.
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Rainman

Hilarious story, Bushmaster!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I've got a Western Rivers Predation that I'm planning on loading coon sounds on for opening night (10 November).  I've not tried calling coons but hear it's some fast and furious action.  Can't wait!

Silencer

Here's the best coon call I could find.  Him along with a couple English we run sound real good on a crisp fall night !!!

Hawks Feather

Now that way of hunting coon I really do miss. 

Jerry

frshwtr

if you have a tape player ahndy dennis kirk has two tapes "coon puppies" and "coon puppies 2 . they both work very well. if your player has a extension cord on the speaker run it out away from you, if just useing a boom box sit away from it, most coon come in very aggresive. ithey also work well on fox.

nastygunz

hey browning, theres a nice little shooting sandpit on the road up to stirrup iron pond also, the little brook running out of the pond has native brookies in it, and on the right of the main road, theres a turn off leading to a fish and game boat ramp, coon heaven along the road in, swamp, river bottoms.

browning204

Nasty, I have no idea where that is.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

nastygunz

Ill show ya when the road dries up.....kinda cool place. I found it flyrodding. Big thick woods up there and man oh man sometimes the mosquitoes are BRUTAL. probably some good K9 hunting up there.

nastygunz

p.s. if you hunt pheasant they stock the big corn fields there to.