• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Road trip...north north nnnnnorth

Started by FinsnFur, September 23, 2012, 11:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I took a road trip yesterday to visit the daughter at her dorms and deliver her a little cash. :eyebrow:
Despite the 10 hour round trip...it sure was a peaceful, beautiful ride.

I thought I'd see more leaves turning, but there wasnt a whole lot going on in that department. And the pictures sucked cause I took them through the windshield.

I did notice that they still had a lot of standing corn up there, and I even seen several people selling sweetcorn. Wish I woulda bought some as ours is done and gone and I never did get any local.

I came up on this, on the way home and fell in love instantly. Look at this beaut!! :yoyo: :jump:
I wanted to pull a Danny Kount from Kounts Kustoms and pull em over to talk about the truck. :laf: :shrug:

Alaska plates :innocentwhistle:

Anyway, it was good to spend some time with Katie. I cant shake her being up there and me missing her so dang bad. Chokes me up. :sad:

My Ex met me up there with our younger daughter, so it was kinda nice to spend a day with the two girls again. Been a while for ole Dad. I'm doubting whether or not I was cut out to be a Dad...cause I'm have a real tough time with these two growing up and becoming independent.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

You gotta be proud of daughters like that!  You did something right.

My little girl married a blue blood ivy leaguer on the East coast, moved across the continent and has two babies of her own.  I'm proud, glad, and miss her so much it aches some days.

The poor ivy leaguer married into a western outdoors type family.  He is a great guy and fine man but he thought that a gift certificate to Cabela's was for an Italian restaurant.  True story.

Just enjoy their lives vicariously.  They need your wisdom more than ever through these years.  A good relationship with Dad is their best guide for relating to men.  Don't stop hugging them, awkward though it may be for both of you.

Hawks Feather

Your Ex did something nice for you.  Is she losing it?     :wo:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Oh nooo :nono: Hugs are a ritual in this family.
Funny you say that though. It was family day up at the college so the place was overflowing with people and the parking lot with vehicles.
I didnt know my way around campus and Katie was guiding me talking to me on my cell as I drove around and then walked around and read signs to her as I came up on them. People are looking at me like I'm a lost child in a grocery store.

After 10 or 15 minutes of me driving and walking and reading signs she says I should be able to see you, maybe your on the other side of the building by the back door. She says come in the door in front of you and I'll watch for you, or wait there and I'll come through to get you.

I walked in that door and it was like a global mosh pit. I wanted to turn around so bad at the point and go back out. There must have been 400 people in there, they was all up stairs looking down over me from a balcony. Rumbling, chattering, herding, yelling.
And there I stood... "Ho...lee...crap". I stood there thinking you gotta be friggin kidding me, when I heard a god awful piercing scream coming down the steps now behind me.
Before I could turn around to investigate, I was met from behind by a body slam from Katie which ended her scream with a lung thumping "AAAAaad!"  :laf:
She wrapped her arms around me as I did her and it was like I hadnt seen her for 100 years. I had to bite my lip to keep from losing my composure :whew:

From that point on this big baby felt much better. :eyebrownod:
The two girls and I have always been huggy if thats a word. They arent shy, or embarrassed with it at all.
Even if there is 400 people on a balcony staring at us.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

That's the way dad's are with their Daughters Jim. Mine is only a 1/2 hour away & with her work I only see her a couple times a year. I miss her as much now as I did when she moved out a couple years ago.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

That'd be worse HaMeR. So close yet so farrrrr :doh2:

Jerry, She saved herself some driving. Kristee wanted to come here.
So yeah she had a way to benefit from it all. :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

shaddragger

:sad:  Enjoy the time you get with them, Jim. Sure seems like the older they get the shorter that time gets.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

HaMeR

Yeah it's rough but the feeling of joy I get when I do get to see her is still overwhelming. I guess I'm just happy to still be alive to spend those times I do get with her. And I know texting & phone calls aren't the same but they do help me at least.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11