• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL Hunt

Started by Qlee772, January 27, 2014, 04:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qlee772

Are they still allowing hunting at LBL ?  We are headed there Friday but are not gonna be staying in LBL.  Just don't want to make a wasted trip!

Orion

Sorry to hear about the hunt being cancelled.  I mailed all the LBL calls to Kyfuzzyface and they arrived at his house today.  :pout:  If you paid for a call send me a PM with your address and I will mail them next week after I get the calls back.  If you planned on buying one at the hunt and still want one send me a PM.  Price is $20 for one or $35 for two.  + $2 shipping.

Link to posting with a pic of the calls-
http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=17795.0

Thanks -

Doug
Doug
ORION Calls
Call for the Hunter
orion@orioncalls.com

coyote101

The LBL website says it is temporarily closed. With the temperatures as cold as they are forecast to be, I doubt that it will be open by Friday. It is unclear whether that means no use of LBL at all, or if only offices and facilities are closed. After the big ice storm of 2009 they closed it to all activities other than driving through. You can check the lbl.org website and click on Alerts and Notices for the latest:

http://www.lbl.org/TravelFlash.html

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

Hunt at your own risk is what they told is but that could change.tempd wete going to stay below freezzing with high winds and trees were falling everwhere already with very little wind. It was so bad Ed and Jason wentt to go hunting and the  road was blocked they turned around and 2 trees had fell over the road from where they came from and they almost didnt make it back. I wouldnt go untill iy warms up and clears out.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

riverboss

I will add they dont do any treating on the roads nothing at all . I wouldnt go without a chainsaw even though it is illegal to cut trees out of the roadway.  And some kind of portable heat if you get stranded in the woods for a few days.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Frogman

Jon and I just got back home to Parkersburg at about 8:30 PM.  Really bummed out about the weather.  We did get in 6 stands on Tuesday morning with no success.  On the way back we discussed waiting a week or so and heading back down again before the end of Feb. ??   I will post up a few pictures tomorrow!  We were so excited about being there and getting in some good calling.  At least we got to chat with old friends and get in a few stands.  Bummer!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

I went in to the woods this morning and promptly turned around and came out.  Too spooky with the ice, limbs and noise. 

Yesterday morning I had a coyote come in behind my left shoulder on my first set.  It got within about 15-20 yards before I realized it was there and then it hit the after burners going through the brush.   I threw a $3.00 hail mary its way but my prayers weren't answered.  That was the only coyote I saw this trip. 

It was great to see the guys that showed up through today which is the main reason I go .  I sure hate to wait a whole year to do this get together again. 

coyote101

I just called LBL to check on conditions. They said that LBL is currently closed to all activities. They are going to assess the roads later today and will update the website after that. So there is a chance that they will reopen in the next day or so.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

I hope things get cleared up for Friday & Saturday so you can salvage the weekend.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

even if it is reopened for the weekend I am not sure about going. i want to see everyone and i was looking forward to cooking but it sounds like there wouldnt be many there.

who knows i may head down if they open
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

CCP

Talked to Mike (PAbrushwolf) a few minutes ago and they are hunting. My truck is at the dealership getting the 4 wheel drive fixed.If they get it fixed by morning I will head back up.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Good to hear things have changed for the better. I hope you get back there too Richard!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11