• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

We can rebuild

Started by coyote101, February 27, 2018, 07:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

A few years ago I built a wooden box blind out of salvaged pallets, privacy fence panels, and deck wood. Since then I have killed a bunch of turkeys out of this blind:

Including this one and several others last December:

Well, a tornado went through here last Saturday night near the farm where the blind was, so I went out this morning to see how it had weathered the storm.

Turns out, not so well!  :sad2:

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

That'll take some buffing Pat.  Sucks but what do ya do. :shrug:

The tree in front of the last pic, what is the name of that sticky [female canine]?  Is it the same as the one I brought a piece of home from Ky?  Damb things. :argh:
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Quote from: pitw on February 27, 2018, 09:20:03 PM
That'll take some buffing Pat.  Sucks but what do ya do. :shrug:

The tree in front of the last pic, what is the name of that sticky [female canine]?  Is it the same as the one I brought a piece of home from Ky?  Damb things. :argh:

I think it's a locust tree Barry. They are truly nasty and are all over this farm.  :sad3:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

The old blind def took a hit!

HaMeR

Hope everybody is alright around there Pat!! Always build another blind!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

Honey locust also know as thorny locust.

Good rot resistant wood but dang dangerous to work near a live tree.

I have fell severzl and don't like working with them one bit. But the wood sure is purty.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

centerfire_223

They have the black flat banana shaped seed pods on them. When they fall off, coyotes and coons eat the crap out of them around here.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

JohnP

Sorry to see that, maybe Jim and his buddies can put up a small FEMA blind for ya.   :innocentwhistle:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

Man that thing looks like it took a direct hit.
I'm sure we will see pics come April from that location.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on February 28, 2018, 10:06:31 AM
Sorry to see that, maybe Jim and his buddies can put up a small FEMA blind for ya.   :innocentwhistle:

Mr. JohnP,

I had maybe thirty bucks in that thing. If the government pays to have it rebuilt it will cost at least twenty thousand.   :alscalls:

Pat
NRA Life Member

FinsnFur

FEMA Blind  :alscalls:

I am glad that no one got hurt though :holdon:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

FEMA= :alscalls: :alscalls:💰💰💰💰💰💰💰🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

kyfuzzyface

Pat are you sure all the turkeys didn't land it that tree and cause it to fall on your turkey blind, just sayin  :readthis: :laf: :laf:
Fuzzy