• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

turkey

Started by bambam, April 21, 2018, 06:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

Had a nice gobbler within 38 yards this morning. He didn't gobble until 10:00 AM .  When he finally did, he sprinted up over the mountain toward me . Apparently he liked the sound of my Keystone box call .  Gobbling and strutting , 38 yards, Ithaca 10 gauge ,.................................................... gun roared.......... turkey flew off the mountain , never found a single feather.  :wo: :doh2: :shrug:

nastygunz

I have a buddy who shoots a 10 gauge single shot, I  saw a few nice birds out strutting today!

pitw

I've heard you couldn't hit the ground in three shots. :shock2: 

Sorry ya missed but the bright side is ya getta try, try again. :biggrin:

Kinda/sorta like being a young fella again, eh. :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

Quote from: pitw on April 21, 2018, 07:54:56 PM
I've heard you couldn't hit the ground in three shots. :shock2: 

:innocentwhistle:

That's not true Barry, I almost always hit the ground at least once in 3 shots .  :pout:

Heard one gobble close this morning but he had hens with him and wouldn't budge.

pitw

You saying ya ain't sexy enough? :shrug: :confused: :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Maybe it was a millenial tom turkey who didnt want to be boxed in by societies view of gender preference norms  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

Okanagan

Quote from: bambam on April 22, 2018, 02:52:31 PM

Heard one gobble close this morning but he had hens with him and wouldn't budge.

The hen with him was singing like Loretta Lynn:  "You ain't turkey enough to take my Tom..." 

Coulter

I had one flattened out on the ground that came back to life and flew away too...man, that is the worst! Sorry to hear that.

bambam

Yeah that sure sucks when you think you have them and they get away.

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on April 23, 2018, 02:05:19 AM
Maybe it was a millenial tom turkey who didnt want to be boxed in by societies view of gender preference norms  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

OMG  :thumb2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com