• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

PITW's List Of What To Bring

Started by weedwalker, October 31, 2009, 04:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

Barry,
The cabins have beds with a mattress covered in plastic. (No blankets or pillows). There are electric plugs in the cabins. A small electric heater. And there's a picnic table in there.
I'll start off with a sleeping bag and others can add to the list. :biggrin:

Ed

pitw

Hey cool  :yoyo:.  That answered my first question and I'm super impressed again with the thinking around here. :highclap:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Here is a list from a couple of years ago,  Bopeye made it up so BEWARE!!   :eyebrownod:

http://finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=1050.0

You're gonna need a semi tractor trailer to haul it all.   :eyebrownod:

slagmaker

If you have a boot dryer thats a good idea as well. Compass and or GPS unit is a nifty thing to have. The list can go on and on. But as it was said rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Jimmie in Ky

Don't forget the camera spare cards and batteries and a charger for them. You'll get enough pics to make one of them there coffee table books. It can get to be priceless sometimes. Jimmie

Palegroe

I don't live that far away and a friend of mine owns a saw mill not to far away either (in Kentucky that could mean 1 mile or 50 :eyebrownod:) i'm gona try and bring a half pickup load of sawed up slabs for fire wood if any body is going down early and needs some let me know and maybe we can get some more.  They don't want fire wood brought in from out of state and the new saying on all the signs is "burn it where you buy it" in all the parks its usualy about $5 for a half arm load bundle.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

pitw

Quote from: Palegroe on October 31, 2009, 11:25:21 PM
I don't live that far away and a friend of mine owns a saw mill not to far away either (in Kentucky that could mean 1 mile or 50 :eyebrownod:) i'm gona try and bring a half pickup load of sawed up slabs for fire wood if any body is going down early and needs some let me know and maybe we can get some more.  They don't want fire wood brought in from out of state and the new saying on all the signs is "burn it where you buy it" in all the parks its usualy about $5 for a half arm load bundle.

If you would bring a load down/up for us to use I'd willing pay you for it.  I love my fire and cook on them as well.

Palegroe

Try and remind me a little before and i'll bring a load down maybe the weekend before so everybody can use them I might need to check with the camp and make sure that will be alright , Does anyone know who we would need to get ahold of for that?  They are really worried about the Ash Wood boarer beattle around here and don't want any wood brought in but most of this was cut either on LBL or surrounding counties.  My buddies logging company cut alot of the timber where they are building the new road and where they are putting the new bridge in over at the damn.  So maybe they will let us bring a load in.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

weedwalker

They might not want much wood brought in. They sell it there for big bucks. I'd just bury 1/2 a load under my huntin stuff.

Palegroe

Just found out some good news, My buddy with the sawmill rides mules at Wranglers all the time and they had already asked that question and they let him bring in his own fire wood from the sawmill all the time since it was local.  When I called he was actually down there riding and said he would call me back when he got home, He said we could have all we wanted, hes gona set a bundle under one of his sheds so it will be dry and season a little and I can come cut it up anytime.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Jimmie in Ky

Firewood may come in real handy if the weather is decent enough. We mayt have to talk outside the cabins with as many as we have coming this time. Jimmie

coyotehunter_1

Shoot... Nothing like a good B/S session around the ol' campfire... Right Jimmie? :eyebrow: :wink:

For those folks that do not know about it... no gas stoves or heaters are to be used in the cabins. The weather there can change in minutes, bring a rain suit, dress in layers & bring your Long Johns (insulated underwear for you city types :laf: ).  

Edit: Also some cell phones don't work well around LBL, my Nextel is almost useless there. I have not tried my GPS there but there are a lot of trees, hills and hollers to contend with.    

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

KySongDog

Barry

Be sure to bring your ecaller too.   :eyebrownod:  I'd like to see if our Kaintuckee coyotes are any smarter than your Canadian ones.   :laf:

weedwalker

I'll bet these Kentucky coyotes ain't never heard nothin like whaaaaaa-eh, whaaaaaa-eh, whaaaaaa-eh. :nono:

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on November 01, 2009, 09:30:37 PM
I'll bet these Kentucky coyotes ain't never heard nothin like whaaaaaa-eh, whaaaaaa-eh, whaaaaaa-eh. :nono:

^^^^^^^ :roflmao:  Now that's funny!   :roflmao:

slagmaker

If your coming from out of country make sure you have the proper paperwork to get your temp licenses :readthis:. I think pitw said he wasn't hunting but he may change his mind by then :eyebrow:.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

weedwalker

All he needs in Kentucky is a $20 LBL permit and either a $10 one day liscense or a $40 five day liscense, and some I.D.

pitw

Quote from: slagmaker on November 01, 2009, 09:49:10 PM
If your coming from out of country make sure you have the proper paperwork to get your temp licenses :readthis:. I think pitw said he wasn't hunting but he may change his mind by then :eyebrow:.

Good thinking :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:  I thank you kind sir for I didn't know about paper work :doh2:

pitw

Quote from: weedwalker on November 01, 2009, 09:57:51 PM
All he needs in Kentucky is a $20 LBL permit and either a $10 one day liscense or a $40 five day liscense, and some I.D.

I thank you as well my good man.   :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:  Nice to know that I won't need to look into it now.