• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Official safety sticker!

Started by nastygunz, December 01, 2017, 01:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Required licenses and permits

To hunt turkey in Massachusetts you must have certain licenses and permits, which you can buy through MassFishHunt.

Massachusetts residents:

Hunting or sporting license
Turkey permit
Non-residents:

Big game license
Turkey permit
You also need an official safety sticker on your firearm positioned so you can see it when sighting down the barrel. For a new or replacement sticker, visit any MassWildlife office or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
MassWildlife
1 Rabbit Hill Road
Westborough, MA 01581

FinsnFur

An official safety sticker? Meaning you went through hunter safety or what?
Thats kinda dumb to out it on the gun if it is. Anyone could use the gun.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

I read that the NWTF was behind the safety sticker idea.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

Ridiculous! Stickers all over my guns= NOT👊🇺🇸👊🇺🇸

Hawks Feather

Are you actually allowed to put a shell in the chamber and have something that looks like a firearm?  There are several 'non-gun' states like this that I just avoid.

Jerry

Okanagan

This gives me ideas.  I plan to check out the Dollar Store kid stickers to see what might be fun to put on my rifles. 

HaMeR

I'm OK with the stickers on a voluntary basis. Turkey hunting is very dangerous with full camo & life like decoys. Plus the ability to reasonably kill a bird at 70yds with the new ammo & choke tubes. Some people are darn near shooting a 2 1/2oz slug of 5 shot!!

All hunting should be fun & a good hunt should be judged by the fact you came home safe & unharmed. Not that you took your intended game back home.

disclaimer-- above statement made by a bad hunter & an even worse shot
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

Quote from: Okanagan on December 02, 2017, 09:55:00 AM
This gives me ideas.  I plan to check out the Dollar Store kid stickers to see what might be fun to put on my rifles.

Well, checked out Dollarama stickers till my eyes won't focus and never did find one with the zing and cachet I wanted.  Fairies, whales, butterflies, cartoon animals...  The closest I considered was a small copy of the standard deer crossing sign, yellow diamond with a black silhouette of a deer.  I considered putting a panda on my rifle.  Glittery stars?   Wish I could find a sticker of Elmer Fudd.  I relinquish the field to others who may pursue this noble quest.

slagmaker

Ya know, while the idea of a sticker does sound silly, anything to help keep your mind on safety and not bring shame to our sport.

Some people can use all the help they can get to remember safety in the heat of the moment.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

Quote from: slagmaker on December 07, 2017, 08:26:32 PM
Ya know, while the idea of a sticker does sound silly, anything to help keep your mind on safety and not bring shame to our sport.

Some people can use all the help they can get to remember safety in the heat of the moment.

True enough, kind of like putting a string on your finger to jog your memory, as they talked about when I was a kid. 

I wanted a deer sticker, to make it look like I need a picture of what a deer looks like when I am fixing to shoot.  :laf:  That's what  I planned to tell anyone who asked about the sticker. 

But it sure can work with most brains to have that safety check when we mount the rifle. Training does that but a once-a-year hunter may not have much training nor self discipline, and that kind of shooter often feels more rushed to shoot than need be, to gets it before it gets away.  That brain hurry may override any sticker reminder but I can't think of a down side to it, other than opening a door to humor. 

nastygunz

My thought is if you need a sticker on your gun  to make you a safe hunter then you probably ought to take up golf  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin:  I do have stickers on my flyrod's to remind me not to back hook anybody when I am fishing in public waters .....👍😇😉😂🇺🇸🐠🐟🐡🐬🐳🐋

slagmaker

I want a sticker of a pair of boots. A reminder that if ya shoot it ya got to pack it out
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.