• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Newbie...

Started by JDP, January 19, 2012, 07:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDP

I am more than likely coming to the LBL hunt, the boss said I could! lolol I would just like to get a rundown of what to expect and who,what, when and where? Is there anything I need to do besides show up? I know the cabins are full so I guess hotels are still available? I plan on bringing my hunting partner that got me hooked on these crazy animals, so does he have to be a member here to attend? What are the rules or expectations of me and my hunting partner? Anyone where we are supposed to hook up with before during or after the hunt?

I think we are supposed to bring a prize for the raffle? Anything specific on minimum/maximum cost of such items? Anyone that can help this newbie out would be much appreciated!

JDP

Mallardsr

No expectations. Just show up. Everyone is mostly self efficient, so prepare accordingly. This hunt is all about the new guys. :wink:

FinsnFur

Quote from: JDP on January 19, 2012, 07:35:58 PM
I think we are supposed to bring a prize for the raffle? Anything specific on minimum/maximum cost of such items? Anyone that can help this newbie out would be much appreciated!

Your definitely not expected or asked to bring a prize JPD
A couple of the staff here hit up a few of the call makers each year for some loot to raffle off and give away. Actually it's not even a raffle, there's no money exchanged. It's a drawing, and it gives the call makers a little hoo rah recognition/advertising sorta speak.
A few of the forum regulars might pitch in once in a while and pick up a little something to either send down or take with them.
That type of thing.
Your suppose to be one of the new guys going down to meet people and get some of that loot. :eyebrow: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

titansfan2104

Hey jdp I think we are gonna stay in dover at one the hotels yotehntr listed in tndeer.  I been using Google  maps and it is exactly 22 miles from wrangler campground and there are a lot of good field lines and clear cuts along the way. I hope my cell works up there. Planning on wearing these maps out to find my stands along the way.

titansfan2104

For those with smart phones and Google maps they now have the option to save a ten mile radius of the map so that it can be used when cell reception sucks!!! So now I can use my gps and maps even with no signal  and locate some hopefully prime spots and not worry bout getting lost on the way back .lol

FinsnFur

I dont think there was any cell reception at Wranglers campground, of any kind.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Verizon works pretty good at Wranglers.    AT&T pretty much sucks.

riverboss

Its not a contest just a bunch of guys getting together that like to hunt coyotes. No pressure at all its a great time make sure to read the LBL regs because they are different from the states, you must have your riflle in a case and unloaded at all times while not hunting and cant use a centerfire rifle till Feb the 1st with no buckshot in a shotgun. You will also need a LBL permit and a liscense for the state you are in.

titansfan2104

Hey river boss, will an ar15 be alright ??   any restriction on mag capacity?
I'm planning bringing my ar and shotgun!!! I'm ready

WldWldWest

Quote from: titansfan2104 on January 20, 2012, 11:48:17 AM

AR is fine Chad. More about that app for saving the maps please??? :biggrin:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

weedwalker

Quote from: titansfan2104 on January 20, 2012, 11:48:17 AM

Your AR will be OK starting Wednesday, Feb 1st. No magazine restrictions, but the gun AS WELL AS THE MAGAZINES must be unloaded and cased while traveling in a vehical. Shotguns can use "T" shot starting the 1st. Before that I think it's just #4 shot, not 4 BUCK shot.

JDP

Thank you all for the great info! I am excited to meet you all!

nastygunz

Is anybody gunna tell him about the "initiation".... :innocentwhistle: :eyebrow:

JDP

So what is the "initiation"? 

KySongDog

Its not called Brokeback LBL for nuthin'.    :wink:

JDP

Well... lololol I was about to back out! lol

FinsnFur

:alscalls: Thats what HE said....
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names