• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

You Ok?

Started by pitw, August 22, 2010, 09:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Are probably the two words that have started more uncontrolled laughing than any other.  I mean can you think of two others that are said that can start everyone laughing.  I can't count how many times I've asked[or been asked] these two words after the sounds of breaking boards, usually a scream or two, air being expelled rapidly from lungs, electrical buzz's, screeching metal and a host of other really cool sounds :eyebrow:.   Any answer from uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or WOW, will immediately set one off on a belly laugh that has always amazed me.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

I don't know about the laughter part, but two words that I think have caused many things are:  I do.

Jerry

iahntr

What'd ya do now Barry ?    :laf:
Scott

pitw

Quote from: iahntr on August 22, 2010, 11:25:32 AM
What'd ya do now Barry ?    :laf:

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

I didn't do anything but say, "You alright".  Right after my buddy Jack that I was working on his combine with did that step back without looking thingy.  All I got to see was the disappearing act as gravity kicked into the equation but the sound of wood breaking[he landed on a couple boards between to saw horses we were using as a work bench] right after he bounced off the metal hoop that keeps a person from getting into the straw spreaders by accident[slight metal screeching sound].  The whoosh of air as his lungs obviously weren't up to the task of holding air in as he came to a sudden stop.  After the reply of uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I damb near fell off while  :alscalls: :alscalls:.  I think part of the laughing comes from relief that the other is still alive :shrug:.
  Going back today as things came to a grinding halt after that one :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

:laf:    :laf:
Hope ya both made it through the day.  :laf:
Scott

Okanagan

Boy does that little two word question ever bring back memories!  Sometimes whispered, sometimes shouted, "You OK?"  hangs there waiting to know if it is tragedy or a good story for laughs. 

Glad that you and your friend are "OK."

FinsnFur

Quote from: Okanagan on August 22, 2010, 07:33:56 PM
Sometimes whispered

I can only think of one scenario where those words might be whispered :sneer: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

I am amazed at how many times ....... Just before a bunch of laughing ya hear.....
                                    HOLD THIS......
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bopeye

It's always amazed me that when a guy get's hit in the straddle, some turd (usually my wife) has the audacity to ask "are you okay" between giggles or just outright laughter.  :iroll:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

kyfuzzyface

Around here it is usally (hold my beer and watch this) then it is are you alright   :highclap: :highclap: :yoyo: :yoyo:
Fuzzy

Dave

Sometimes you can hold off on the question part, then seeing he's OK go right to the laughing.  Gotta be a close friend though.

Roundman

:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls: We had a dad that was standing 6ft in front of a softball pitching machine, his son dropped a ball down the shoot and BAM! He took a 45mph softball to the bangers. My first words "You Ok".

FinsnFur

I bet he didnt answer right away :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Quote from: Roundman on August 24, 2010, 08:08:27 PM
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls: We had a dad that was standing 6ft in front of a softball pitching machine, his son dropped a ball down the shoot and BAM! He took a 45mph softball to the bangers. My first words "You Ok".

Was that before or after you let out a chuckle or two Mike. Yeah, I know you man, RUTHLESS!! You probably put the kid up to it.  :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Roundman

Quote from: Bopeye on August 25, 2010, 06:46:13 AM
Quote from: Roundman on August 24, 2010, 08:08:27 PM

Was that before or after you let out a chuckle or two Mike. Yeah, I know you man, RUTHLESS!! You probably put the kid up to it.  :laf:

Chuckle is not the word for it, the other coach and I were unable to talk for a good 5 min or so.   :biggrin: The dad didn't come back for a couple of days. That man was in some pain.