• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

my trip to kentucky.

Started by bigben, June 11, 2009, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

not sure how many of you remember or not but a while back I said I was heading to kentucky in early june to ride fourwheelers.  well last week at this time I was on black mountian in harlan county.   :yoyo:  anyhow.  I met up with 40 other riders from around the country.  we had riders from the south that to them a hill was a 4 ft pile of dirt and then we had guys from the north that were called yankees for the most part.  wednsday morning last week I got all loaded up and headed south on I81 till I hit right above bristol and then took rt421 through virginia and into kentucky.  then 119 back up into putney.  we had three days of riding.  there was one fella that got hurt but it was what I called minor compared to what could have happened.  he rolled her backward down a hill and allthough the bike never landed on him he twisted his ankle.  I found a deep mud pit.  mike ought to like that one.  all around I had a dang good time.  and am allready plannin on heading back again next year.  one night while up on the mountian we were drinkin beer I pulled the elk howler out and let a few yip howls go but nothing awensered.  

here is some video and photos.  

a jeep buggy going over mason jars first obstcles

Me goin through a deep mudhole

a buddy of mine goin through the same one and making it.

video from our wheelie contest

a red trail we took on saturday to get back

and some pics

I am on the left

a buddy of mine doin water wheelies

This fella rolled down a hill climb on friday

our group of riders

Yeah it held air

and just some misc ones

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

George Ackley

Looks like yea some fun there ben,

link didnt work for me , said it loaded up but i just get a white screen

I am heading to the NJ pinbarons this Sunday morning , I think I am just going to use my truck because I am think I am loosing a barring on a back tire on my king quad so till i fix it i will get the truck dirty. I really need a new 4 wheeler but boy they are expensive so my 14 year old Suzuki will have to do for now after i fix the back wheel.

glad yea had fun and got dirty
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Silencer

that last pic makes me dizzy !!   looks like a good time  :yoyo:

possumal

Big Ben: Glad you enjoyed your time in Ky..  You guys that ride those atv's in some of those places are a lot bolder than this old marsupial.  Glad the fellow who got hurt wasn't hurt more seriously. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

iahntr

Videos won't work for me  :shrug:
Says "address not found"
Scott

bigben

try it now.  there was some weird code from copin and pastin from another forum  should work now.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

George Ackley

HaHaha , you need a electric trolling motor in the mud hole :laf:
that was insane how far you had the wheeler under the water  :whew: 

bigben

guys don't try this with your wheeler you won't make it.  seriously.  mine is snorkled up to the handlebars and was the only reason it was runnin.  the other fella had 6" of lift and 30" tires on his ride.  he said that hole was to the point he needed snorks. 

iahntr

Worked now. Cool videos Ben.
Looked like a lot of fun !
Thanks again for sharin em with us.
Scott
Scott

George Ackley

I wouldn't try it on a bet buddyboy   :nono:
plus it summer time , and them wheelers  don't have air conditioning :rolleye:
this time of year it all about the AC and the truck for me.

I going to try and take my camera down Sunday see if i cant get something interesting on video..
but because I am old and fat and cant clime up into the big truck any more it most likely  wont be to exiting with my stock truck .

you makea guy wont a new 4 wheeler   :argh: :argh: :argh:

glad it was a good trip