• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Official FnF Bow Hunt Contest Thread.

Started by FinsnFur, September 06, 2007, 08:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Contest will be broken into two categories and will run from Sept. 15th, 07 through Jan. 12th, 08

Best Photograph
Can be a photo of any bow kill harvested between the dates above. Date stamped photos are a plus. Judging will be on the aww factor of the picture. Meaning either the size of the harvested animal/s, or the setting the pic was in, or overall picture, or all of the above. looking for something that stands out from an ordinary hero shot here.

Largest Whitetail Rack
Will have to be photo'd obviously, but I'll ask that you include something for size reference. A tape measure legible in the pic, measuring the spread, would be best.
Must be a Whitetail dear.
This will be judged on the widest spread, so measure them at their widest point.

• The members will judge the Best Photograph, and the Largest Whitetail Rack will judge itself.
  • You don't have to specify which category you want your entry in. It will pretty much dictate that itself.
  • All entries must be a registered Fins and Fur member at the time the contest begins. (Sept. 15th 07) Midnight. This way no one is lurking, hops in after a massive kill and runs off with the loot, never to be seen again.
  • All entries must be posted in this thread in order to be eligible.

Prizes
One 1st place winner will be selected for each category.
Best Photograph winner will receive $50 cash and his choice of an FnF Cap or Decal (pics available in the FnF Store).
Largest Whitetail Rack winner will receive $50 cash and his choice of and FnF Cap or Decal (pics available in the FnF Store).
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Well, we'd prefer a picture of the animal you got with the bow, but I appreciate the effort.  :confused:

:doh2: Nevermind, I see it now.  :biggrin: I was too busy looking at your wife there  :biggrin:

Yeah that'll work!  :highclap: Nice Elk
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

studabaka

Actually, this would clearly be a contender, but it's got to be a harvest from a registered member as of Sept 15th.

I'm thinking your misses might want to consider becoming a member before the next contest, as she can clearly give some of us boys a lesson in humility  :biggrin: Certainly me  :bowingsmilie:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DDCalls

Oh heck even if she isnt eligible its worth posting to "see" the envy oozzziinnnngggg from you guys :roflmao:

DAMN I AM ONE LUCKY MAN!!!!!

studabaka

Truer words were never spoken  :bowingsmilie:

Congrats to the misses on her elk and congrats to you on the misses  :wink: She wouldn't happen to have a sister would she?  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

BryanStanley

I will get better pictures when I have the head back in my hands.

TookyRiverCalls

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 06, 2007, 08:16:29 PM

• All entries must be a registered Fins and Fur member at the time the contest begins. (Sept. 15th 07) Midnight. This way no one is lurking, hops in after a massive kill and runs off with the loot, never to be seen again.

What if they joined the forum after September 15th 07 midnight closing time?  Not that I see myself shooting a monter racked buck with the way my hunting shedule is turning out.  Just wondering if I can still get in on the fun iin case I do get lucky :iroll:  Heck, if I won I'll donate the $50 back to the forum for another contest, I'd just want the hat or decal and braggin rights :eyebrownod: :roflmao:
www.tookyrivercalls.com
The Last Call Your Turkey Will Ever Hear

studabaka

First thing first...... Go get your contender and get him posted.... then we'll have a real problem to work on  :eyebrownod:

DirtyDog

Well, here is my entry. The first thing I would like to say, is that this is my first deer with a compound bow. I have shot several of em with a crossbow, muzzleloader, and shotgun, but never with a compound. I shot her at 22 yards while waiting for the perfect shot. I passed on several others waiting for that shot. She is not huge, but I am proud of her. By the way......that is a grunt call made by our very own Bnccont. Thing worked just like it was supposed to.  :wink:

DD

KySongDog

Do fawns come to grunt calls??    :biggrin:

Just kiddin DD.  Any deer with a bow is a trophy.   :congrats:

FinsnFur

Ya dont even look excited  :huh:  :laf:

Congrats... :yoyo: Does are a lot better eating
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Cool deal DD!! I'm going after my 1st deer with a compound also. I'm also hunting from ground blinds instead of tree stands. :biggrin:   Nice doe!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bills Custom Calls

Sweet Joe at least we know the calls work :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

vvarmitr

I don't know if you noticed DD, but your deer is hollow. :shck:   Just like those stink'n big Easter Bunnys you'd get & here they were hollow on the inside.  :argh:

Hawks Feather

Looks like it will be some good eating and congrats on your first with a compound.

Jerry

keekee

DirtyDog

Quote from: Semp on October 31, 2007, 10:27:39 PM
Do fawns come to grunt calls??    :biggrin:

Just kiddin DD.  Any deer with a bow is a trophy.   :congrats:

Hey Semp.....that is just one of them little Tennessee deer. The same age deer in Ohio would be twice the size.  :wink:

Troy Walter

Well my Ohio bow season is over,and what a hunt.Went out this morning with rain in the forecast I was hoping the deer would be moving.Got set up in my tree stand by 6:00 am.Took my rattling antlers with me to day to try some rattling.I tie my antlers on my bow rope and just bounce them off the ground to give it that affect of leaves being moved.At first shooting lite I throw out some scent wicks with doe estrous urine on them and did a short set of rattling and nothing.I waited about 15 minutes and rattled a little louder and about 30 seconds into the rattling I heard a deer coming through the woods.I was sure it was a buck so I stood up and got my bow and here he comes he was about 25 yards out I moved my foot forward on my tree stand and there was a small stick on my stand that snapped from my foot. The buck stopped and looked my way, I was thinking to myself I messed up but to my surprise he came running right in front of my stand. I took the shot at less then 20 yards,I seen some bigger buck last week, but this one I rattled in a first for me

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers