• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

SGH's

Started by Roundman, September 17, 2007, 07:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Small Game Heads...I bought a new pack of them for deer season. When things get slow and a tree rat  comes by I'm gonna smoke him. I had more fun shooting at small game last year than I did deer hunting.

Anyone else shoot these things?

newbomb

I usualy keep a few arrows with field points in my quiver. I have shot at alot of squirrels ,coons and possums while in the tree.

bowjunkie

I use a judo tip or a blunt you can smoke a grouse with a blunt and shooting ground level with a judo tip you don't lose yer arrow as easy ,I have diff colored fletches on that one as well

iahntr

I haven't used the actual small game heads before. I've used judos before. When I hunt out of a treestand I usually have a couple cheaper broadheads in my quiver to use on the other critters. That way I figure if I switch arrows to shoot that squirrel, or whatever, and that buck comes in quick and I'm not able to switch arrows back, I still have an arrow with a broadhead on it that I can shoot the deer with.  :biggrin:
Scott

bowslinger

on my compond i use judo points my recurve in use my 308 brass a=as blunts and i use judoes  for squirel and rabbit

weedwalker

I like judo points for small game, but like above, I use a junk broadhead if I'm setting in my stand. I can't remember ever loosing an arrow with a judo point on it. :wo:

Silencer

Rgr that, I smoke em !!!  I usuallly take some field tips and place washers behind them to create my own type of small game arrow.

KySongDog

I always have one arrow with a judo point.  At the end of the stand I usually launch a practice shot at something.  Sometimes at a squirrel, sometimes just a target I pick out on the ground below.

CCP

QuoteI usuallly take some field tips and place washers behind them to create my own type of small game arrow.

Pretty cool never thought of doing that :doh2:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

JrXT22

I have used these "Broadheads" and I love them for shooting at small critters that stumble down the trail!!! They can really do the number on the small game animals!!

DGF

I like to use the ACE Hex Head on rabbits and squirrels. Judos will do the job, but can get a little messy some times.