• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Sound Dampening

Started by studabaka, September 30, 2007, 10:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

OK Boys... learn me.

This new bow I got is a whole lot quieter than my 30+ year old bear compound, but I'm wondering if any of these bazzilion sound dampening devices really work and are worth getting. It came with some 'X' kinda shaped rubber things on the string, but thats it. I don't want to add a bunch of weight, but if there is stuff that takes the last bit of noise out, then I'm interested.

What do you use / recommend?

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

wv_yoter

My Hoyt has the Limbsaver SVL stabilizer and the split limb's have Alpha Shox. I have T.R.U. Spyder Speed Silencers on the string. I hope this helps you.
Jason

canine

Put all you can on that bow. Limbsavers, string leeches, stabilizer bar and whatever else to dampen the sound of the bow goin off. Less chance of jumpin the string on a fast..quiet..Bow. The weight thing is not noticable.

JD

iahntr

Hey Stu, what model bow ya got?
Scott

cb223

I have limb savers on the limbs and a stabilizer made of the same stuff.

I agree put some on. Quieter is better!
CHAD

studabaka

I got a Parker Trailblazer XP
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Mallardsr

As far as strings go, The old rubber spider legs have not been surpassed by technology. Limb savers correctly placed will also help with vibration if it is excessive in your bow.

iahntr

Good lookin bow Stu. I would agree so far, all I think you should need is string silencers, which you already have, the limb savers, and a good stabilizer. It's nice if you can go to a place where you can try out different stabilizers. If not, get one for its dampening capabilities, it doesn't have to be heavy to be good.
Scott

studabaka

Thanks for all the input guys  :highclap:

Time to place my Cabela's order I think  :biggrin: