• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Time to start coyote hunting

Started by Troy Walter, November 11, 2007, 02:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy Walter

Well my Ohio bow season is over,and what a hunt.Went out this morning with rain in the forecast I was hoping the deer would be moving.Got set up in my tree stand by 6:00 am.Took my rattling antlers with me to day to try some rattling.I tie my antlers on my bow rope and just bounce them off the ground to give it that affect of leaves being moved.At first shooting lite I throw out some scent wicks with doe estrous urine on them and did a short set of rattling and nothing.I waited about 15 minutes and rattled a little louder and about 30 seconds into the rattling I heard a deer coming through the woods.I was sure it was a buck so I stood up and got my bow and here he comes he was about 25 yards out I moved my foot forward on my tree stand and there was a small stick on my stand that snapped from my foot. The buck stopped and looked my way, I was thinking to myself I messed up but to my surprise he came running right in front of my stand. I took the shot at less then 20 yards,I seen some bigger buck last week, but this one I rattled in a first for me

possumal

Congrats.  Great deer, great picture. That's what its all about. :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Troy,

That is a nice looking buck and he has a nice set of horns.  Nice write up as well.

Jerry

CCP

Nice Buck and story Troy :highclap:

QuoteI moved my foot forward on my tree stand and there was a small stick on my stand that snapped from my foot.

Been there before but have had them run the other way. :doh2:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Congratulations on rattling him in!! Nice buck!! :wink:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nailbender

Nice buck ya got there !  :congrats: Boy am I getting hungry for backstrap!

iahntr

Good job Troy. Love it when it works like it's supposed to.  :biggrin:
Scott

FinsnFur

Ya got er done. I was thinking we'de have to send someone out looking for ya  :wink:
Not a bad lil rack either.

Question...how come ya didnt post it in the Bow contest? The way things are going up there, I'm gonna be the winner and I dont even bow hunt  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

wv_yoter

Nice buck Troy , like Jim said put that fella in the bow contest.  :eyebrow:
Jason