• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bull winkle bites the dust

Started by fuzz269, August 31, 2011, 01:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzz269

Well sunday evening I went out moose huntin, I didnt see any moose on the way in to my favrite huntin spot.  So I parked my quad in the lucky spot, and waited for dusk, about 1/2 hour befor dusk I saw a cow sneakin past, but no bulls, so I was just sat back and enjoyed to cool lookin sunset.  Then just befor dark 2 bulls came slinkin into the corner of the field out of the swap.  It was way to far for a shot, and I was runnin low on time, so I fired up the bike and cut a few hundred yards off the shot.  The bulls strted to get alittle nervice,  so I snuck up alittle closer on foot and waited for the bigger bodied of the 2 bulls to turn broad side, and took my shot, it was still a long shot and I was alittle worried as he started slowly walkin back towards the swap, and I was not lookin forward to tryin to find him in the swamp in the dark.  So I aimed betwean the horns and took a second shot, he droped.  He was alittle farther away than I thought and I hit low but at least he was down and on the way to the freezer.  It all worked out well and I didnt loose hardly any meat dispite my poor second shot.   Here are a few pix of him after I got home, sorry no in the bush pix just cause I was in a hurry to get him out befor it got way to dark, I also broke off one horn pullin him out.  The bulls horns are still in velvet and are prity soft still.

Britt stayed up into the wee hours helpin me gut and skin the moose, she ran the loaher and past tools like a pro.

Todd Rahm

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Oh, yes!  Gotta say I like your moose handling equipment! 

HuntnCarve

Congrats on a fine bull!  Looks like you and your helper have it all figured out.  Way to go!

slagmaker

Nice job and very thoughtfull of Britt for helping out like that.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

fuzz269

Thanks fellas, Britt has bean a huntin machien ever since she came out on her first deer hunt when she was almost 4  years old.  She wants to get out the goose decoyes and get them cleend up now because openin mornin her and I have gone out no matter what, and they open on the 3rd of sept.   I think I have past on most of my bad habbits to her  :doh2:, she is a better shot with her peep sight 22 than most of my friends are with a scopped rifle, she trapped her first musk rat this spring, and skinned it,  she helps with the skinnin and such in the fur shead too, and looks forward to layin in a cold goose blind at 5 am.  Mission acomplished :eyebrownod:

Hawks Feather

Congratulations!  That is one VERY great girl to help like that.

Jerry

P.S. Nice moose too.

iahntr

Congratulations  !!
Plenty of good eatin there !!
Scott

possumal

Having a great helper and hunting partner is the best part of your post, and the meat will keep the memories alive. Dang, it is good stuff! 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Dave

Nice moose - congrats.  Looks like he's in good shape for getting him back to the house w/out quartering.

fuzz269

I am lucky and shoot most of my moose about a mile or mile and a half from the house, keepin them whole keeps every thing way cleaner.