• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

#1 tom of the season

Started by markTNhunter, April 07, 2011, 03:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

ruff start to the season the first day got on 2 birds work them for 2 1/2 hours they were hung up about 50 yards from me behind a small thicket would not budge just stand a gobble so i finaly belly crawled 25 yards while i was crawiling my partner stayed behind and called to keep them fired up and cover my noise it worked great got in position where i could see them and then after all that calling crawling 35 yards away pulled the trigger MISS  :shrug:  :madd:  :madd: dont know why  :shrug: just flat missed is all i can say.so we hunted 3 more days with no luck any finaly this morning we struck 3 birds got set on them had my hunting partner about 25 yards behind we were both calling haad 2 birds in fron of gobbling and 1 to our left coming out of th holler the one tothe left made it to us first let him get about 25 yards and stutt a little then when he went out of strut i turned the mossberg 835 and a 3 1/2 in mag lose on him smoked em.took about 25 min.

img]

WldWldWest

Good job!!! :congrats: Like you, if they wont come to me I'll go to them! :biggrin:

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Dave

FinsnFur

If I crawled for 35 yards, I'd be ready for a samich. :eyebrownod:

It took some persistence, but ya scored. Nice job. :congrats:
Thanks for sharing it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

Nice bird and great story  :yoyo:

markTNhunter

heres a picture with my hunting partner behind me i got to give him props he did most of the calling hes a former quacker boy pro staffer and one hell of a turkey caller.this bird weighed 21 1/2 pounds had 11 1/4 inch beard 1 inch spears.

img]

KySongDog

Real nice bird!   Congrats!    :yoyo:

If your partner was a Quaker Boy pro staffer, I can guarantee you he knows what he is doing with a turkey call.    ;yes;

I killed my very first tom down at the LBL with a Quaker Boy Easy Yelper push pin call back in the 80's.  They make good stuff. 

HuntnCarve

Very nice bird!  I used to sell glue to Quaker Boy for the assembly of their easy yelpers years back. LOL!  Actually, I would ship pails of glue, and get assorted calls sent in exchange. :innocentwhistle: 

weedwalker

Way to go Mark!! :congrats: :congrats: That's a fine lookin bird. And a good write up too. :yoyo:

bambam

HaMeR

That sure is a nice bird Mark!! Congratulations!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

shaddragger

:highclap: :yoyo: Congrats on the bird Mark! Great story and photos!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

iahntr

Nice bird !
Congratulations  :congrats:
Scott

coyote101

Congratulations.  :congrats: :congrats: Thanks for the sotry and pictures.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

Nice job..Im a Mossberg 835 shoota myself !

nailbender

Real nice bird! Congrats! :yoyo:

kyfuzzyface

WTG Mark Congrats on a nick looking bird  :highclap: :highclap:
Fuzzy

WldWldWest

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!