• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How many coyotes???

Started by Frogman, January 23, 2009, 09:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Does anyone have an estimate of how many coyotes there are in the LBL???

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Froggie, I am confident the Ky. Dept. of Fish & Wildlife has figures based on various reports they receive.  I would be surprised if the local conservation officer does not have that info. I used to deer hunt with the bow a lot in that general area, and there were lots of coyotes down there then.  They used to come up to the camping areas like stray dogs looking for a handout. Hunting and trapping pressure and "Progress" by man has probably changed the habitat there to some degree like it has most places.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Jimmie in KY would have a good idea. He's got names for them all.
How many is there Jimmie?

:sneer: :wink: :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

topdawg

i dont know how many are there, but i do know that there is too many of them down there still breath'in ........Hope we can change that some in a few weeks lol  :biggrin:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Jimmie in Ky

3years ago there werein excess of 600 . Then we had two years of parvo or distemper, not sure which but th pup crop was almost nonexistant for those years. This year we have a good deal of improvement. Not the bumper crop we had three years ago but more than enough to go around. Rough guess would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 before furbeaere season and ht etrappers got in there. You can bet a hundred have already gone down so far . Jimmie