• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Snappas!

Started by nastygunz, August 27, 2020, 12:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Looks like you found the nest before the seagulls did.

nastygunz

We is a longgg way from seagullz🕊

Okanagan

Are those empty egg hulls on the ground in that last pic?  I saw a huge ugly turtle crawling across the bottom of a muddy creek  in Oklahoma 60 years ago that I think was a snapping turtle.  Otherwise never seen one outside of a zoo.

nastygunz

Yes sir those are egg shells.  We have some huge snappers up in this part of the world.

pitw

That would be cool as {L] for me to see as I ain't never seed anything like it.  Thanks for posting man. :yoyo:
Do ya eat them?  You could probably make a game outta there shells like tiddly winks or sommpon.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

You can eat them but I never have.  Sometimes in the spring time you can see the big males scrapping for turf.  Then big females come out of the water and they're all over the place looking for a good spot to dig their nest.  They are some primitive looking critters to me they look exactly like a dinosaur even the tail has big plates on it.  If you get on the wrong end of them they will tear you up!  This little guy is not even a teenager yet  :biggrin:

This big old gal was digging her nest,  they seem to go into a coma when they're nesting ang ignore people.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on August 27, 2020, 01:38:54 PM
We is a longgg way from seagullz🕊

So are we, but I have seen them in Columbus, OH and there is only a small river there.  They seem to enjoy the parking lots looking for any scraps that have been dropped.

HaMeR

If you have a landfill near you you'll have those damned white crows!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

This biggun is on walkabout: