• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Spring Turkeys!

Started by keekee, March 19, 2007, 06:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canine

LOL Bob...Your right, when they are henned up they will make ya crazy :madd:  Call to a lonely, horny bird and he's toast!! :eyebrownod:

Your season is in isn't it?

JD

DirtyDog

Well, turkey season open up here in Tennessee on Saturday, and I am freakin out a bit as I still do not have a spot picked out.  :madd: Maybe I'll just go fishin?  :shrug:

keekee

Fishing? You must be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyebrownod:

Brent

FinsnFur

Quote from: keekee on March 30, 2007, 05:12:19 PM
Fishing? You must be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyebrownod:

Brent

Ayyyyy!  :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

There is no way I could be fishing with a Turkey tag in my pocket.....LOL

Brent

KySongDog

I went out the other day to see if the turkeys were where they usually are. YEP!  The woods was tore up from all of the scratchin.  Saw three longbeards just a swingin away. 

Now if they will just stay put until April 14...............   :biggrin:

I started turkey hunting in '86 and haven't missed a spring season yet.  Can't wait!

Semp

DirtyDog

Well.......here I sit on my couch.......waiting.......dreaming.......wanting to be in the woods.......I guess I will have to get out in the morning.

cb223

This is one of the spots that I turkey hunt. The picture is a couple months old but in past years it has proven to be a very productive area. I shot my biggest tom about a hundred yards from where I had my game cam set.

CHAD

Greenside

My 40th Tom

RShaw

Dennis,

Excellent work. If you want to try for a huge north MO gobbler, just say the word. You are welcome here anytime.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

Ladobe

Quote from: Greenside on April 18, 2007, 11:49:41 AM
My 40th Tom

About time somebody posted a picture that scored.   Contrats Greenside... there really is a turkey hunter here.   
:highclap: :congrats: :highclap:

Just yanking you other gents chains, since I don't live where I can hunt them anymore.   But I was beginning to wonder.   

BTW, some of my muzzleloading buddies across the country from another watering hole have been doing pretty good on them this spring hunting traditional.   Maybe you all need to get rid of the camo and modern firearms, change to PC clothing and sidelock flintlocks/cappers and you'll do better.   :wink:

L.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

canine

Easy Ladobe, our season hasn't even started yet....Ohio, that is. I've got my work cut out for me this year. Gotta call birds in for my wife, oldest son, myself and 2 other friends kids. Plus, try and get them all on video :yoyo:

That only adds up to 10 called in. My best season so far has been 9 called to the gun. And my 5 year old is gonna go a couple times I hope, to try and call in his first turkey,,we'll see...LOL..

JD

Greenside

Randy,   thanks for the offer. I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future. And your always welcome to head up this way. Spring is my busy time of year and I'm  somewhat limited other than a couple hours here or there. That's why I shoot my version of  moose dick, it's  in the picture. Usually try to get it done in a hurry.

Maybe meet at the state line next winter and see what we can come up with. I'd think we should be able to get a few coyote, if the mange is letting up.

BTW: do you really think those scrawny MO birds are big?  LOL

Dennis

RShaw

Dennis,

25 pounds 12 oz.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

FinsnFur

If these photos are for Brents photo contest....he wanted them posted in the contest thread 

If your just showing off  :eyebrownod:...well then keep er comin  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

statelinerut

Nice job Randy. Congrats. :yoyo:
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

Greenside

Randy 

Good bird! 

Any Tom over the 25# mark is real good in my area . There's alway a few in the 28# range and the rare 30#  bragger, but if I had to guess most birds would weigh in  the 20-22# range. The bigger ones are usually shot in mid-April and  the late season mid-May ones might average 3 or 4#s l less.  We had alot of ice under snow this past winter. I assume the birds will be on the light side this spring.

Greenside

Number 41

Didn't measure the spurs yet, but hooked enough to hang him on the gate chain.

HaMeR

Those are some nice birds for sure!!  Way to go guys!! :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

cb223

CHAD