• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Boys first goose, cold n wet

Started by Silencer, November 17, 2007, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Well, didnt go as I had planed.  They came in 30 min early.  We had just got done placing the dekes out
and Dylan said he could hear them comin.  He was all loaded up and in the blind already, dad was fidly f-ing around
with something and didnt even have the gun loaded.  So I grabbed my call and worked them into our lap.
The boy shot 3 times, he got this one on the first shot.   After all the shootin was over this flock lit on the cornfield over the ridge.  The rest of geese that came by gave us a look but headed right for where that first flock landed.
We had fun, he got his first !!!

Here he is, the oldest skid stain :)

Had to get my gun and calls in here

Silencer

This last pic is a Trumpeter swan, one other post I made has a story behind them.  They're on the endangered
species list.

Hope yall enjoyed, WE DID ! :eyebrow: :biggrin: :wink:

FinsnFur

"The oldest skid stain"  :roflmao: :laugh2:

He's definitely happy....but you'll have your hands full convincing us that his Pa wasn't also.  :eyebrownod:

Nice job..and that deer has got some nice girth to em, dont ya think  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Sounds like an awsome morning.....and I woulda shot the buck.  :wink:

Silencer

Happy and colder than he**, I need to invest in layout blinds or them big goose shell blinds.  We got soaked even though we had a bunch of stuff under us. 

Hawks Feather

Congrats on the honker.  Looks like goose for Thanksgiving.  The turkeys say "Thank you".

Jerry

Silencer

I got a brain storm today, gonna use one of them plastic sleds the kids have to lay on so we dont get wet, then cover up with the blind  :eyebrow: :biggrin:

Thanks Jerry, I still have 2 turkeys in the freezer from this spring.  I havent been out fall season at all this year.

Deer season next week, I'm really not too thrilled but I take the boy so he can have fun.  ( After the first 2 days he goes back to school and I get to spend the rest of the week at camp tending to the kegerator  :biggrin: )

FinsnFur

Oh mannnnn are we gonna get some pics of you guys, whisking down the hill in your sleds  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

frshwtr

tried sleds and they worked fine until i hunted in the rain. CAN ANYBOFY SAY SWIMMING POOL?

ohiobob

Vic
I use a Avery Finisher Blind,,and it IS Nice,,BUT a Guy we hunt with went to Gander Mountain and Bought a Blind/Decoy Bag
combined for $69 and it is Pretty Nice !!! it is DAMN NICE for the Price,,it has the Weather Pad that you lay on,,and at the top of the Pad it has the 45 Degree Head Rest,,then you lay a Long piece of Weather Material over you and the Cover Material has the Mesh Screen at the top so you can see through it,,My oldest Son used one of them and it was BETTER than the Avery Finisher I have because when the Geese Fly behind us when the Shooting starts,,those Guys in the $69 Blind could roll over and keep shooting,,But all I could do was shoot straight behind me while laying on my Back,,and I WON'T do that !
So those Gander Mt. Blinds are really worth the $69
I am thinking of making some Blinds just like the "Finisher" Blind,,the other guys I hunt with made some Blinds out of Plastic
1/2 " and 3/4" Water Line and the Joints were breaking and they Lasted a few weeks,,But My Wife sewed up a FEW things for us to use while in the Nasty Weather Last year,,and they ALL Held up,,so she said if I make the Frame Work for the Blinds,that she will do ALL the Sewing,,so since Deer Season is behind me and Waterfowl Season is out until Dec 15th,,I may start making a few Pieces for the Blinds,,and I will draw up all my Plans.
Are you Close to a Gander Mt over there in PA. Vic ??? if not,Let me know and maybe I can help ya out with something
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Silencer

Hey, thanks for the tip Bob, yeah there's a gander mountain up in NY state I can hit.

ohiobob

No Problem Vic,,IF you need ANY Help or if you have any Problems,let me know and I will see what I can do for ya  :wo:
BOTH of my Sons got their FIRST Goose this year,,and I shot my FIRST BANDED Goose this year
and NOW I have some NEW Medicine for the Ducks and Geese,,at least I THINK SO ???  :confused: :shrug:
Thank You
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???