• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

No birds but pics anyhow

Started by Silencer, November 18, 2007, 04:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

We went to a swamp where I hunted as a child.  Nothing came in at all like it did back then.  But, it was all dried up for months until all the recent rains we got.

workin the call

there's a bird !!!   No wait, its a crow !!!

Wish they was real and landed....

The boy telling me how bored he was.... napping

Hawks Feather

Nice looking place to hunt or rest.  Either one sounds good.

Jerry

HaMeR

Well did ya at least shoot the crow?? :shrug:

I sure woulda!! :laf: :laf:

Looks like it was a nice peaceful hunt. I enjoy those as much as the ones with all the shootin too. :biggrin:  Keep hittin that water hole. Something will show up eventually. :wink: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

Sure was peaceful, all the memories of my teenage years hunting ducks there came back and I got to share them
with my son.  Was a good time.

HaMeR

Those are the kinda posts I like to read!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

ohiobob

Vic
We haven't Been doing to good on the Ducks,BUT we have been Knocking the Hell out of the Geese,,I shot my FIRST EVER Banded Goose
I WAS using BB for Geese in Steel,,but I had a BAD experience with the Steel and decided to try something else,,But all I could find was T Shot in Steel and 2 Shot in the Federal "Black Cloud" Shells
I have heard some Horror stories about the Black Cloud Shells NOT Patterning to good and I figured they were Probably just a "Marketing Ploy" BUT I needed to try something else besides what I was using!!!
We were getting the Geese to Pass Over about 40 Yards up because they were Landing in the Winter Wheat Fields around us,,so I bought some #2 in the Black Cloud Shells,,and out of 5 Shots,,me and my Youngest Son dropped 3 Geese !!!
and then the Next Weekend we dropped 2 Geese with 4 Black Cloud Shells !!!
Well as Luck would have it,,my 2 Sons called me and told me that there was a Store that was selling "Bismuth" Shells for
$15 for a Box of 10 Shells  :confused: I thought that was pretty Cheap because People told me that they were going for $25 for a Box of 10,,well I went and Bought them,,But the Second Waterfowl season was already out  :sad3:
So I patterned the Bismuth and they shot REAL WELL out of my Gun and my 2 Sons Guns as well  :biggrin:  so we are just waiting until Dec. 15th to try them out on something with a Heart Beat,,I got 10 Boxes of the Bismuth,I sold a few to some other Hunters and Kept a Few for me and the Kids,,I am going to Change over 1 of my MEC Loaders and reload my OWN Bismuth and Hevi-Shot Shells UNLESS I can Find more of the Bismuth Shells for $15 a Box of 10
I ALSO Bought a Box of 3" "Dead Coyote" Shells,,I am going to get 2 More Boxes of the "Dead Coyote" Shells before they go ANY HIGHER !!! since the Chinese have been Buying ALL of our Lead,Brass and Copper,,the Prices have SKY ROCKETED for Ammo,,HELL a 25 Lb Bag of Shot is up to $45 around here !!! I am Glad I had a LOT of Shot from years ago !!!
BUT I am having a BALL with all the Hunting I am doing now,,and the Waterfowl Hunting is a Ball too
Is your season Out in PA. for now Vic ?
Well SHOOT Till your Barrel Glows Silencer  :eyebrow:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???