• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

gobbling in LBL

Started by LBLDOG, April 10, 2008, 12:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBLDOG

went this morning(thurs) on the quota hunt, get over there a little before 3 and get parked. I noticed that at 4.00 am the traffic started coming and then a toyote 4 runner pulls in right beside me  and two guys get out and start putting ther boots on :madd: I get out they say were you headed and I tell them unload the mtn. bike and we all head out at 4.15 down the fire road. I ws glad I brought the mtn. bike . I find my way up the ridge and about 6.00 he starts sounding off we talk a little back in forth , he wants me to come to him , playing hard to get , he stayed just out of view but man let me tell you he was CLOSE, I could hear the air going down the old pipes as he gobbled :eyebrownod: oh yea I had a yote warning all his friends when I pulled in this morning in the jeep. He was real close!!!(awesome). I stopped at the check station and as of 11.00 there was 4 checked in at the north and 3 checked at the south . ( very windy today after about 9.00 am)

FinsnFur

I'm lost  :confused: So someone pulled in and ruined your spot, and then you took their mountain bike?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

LBLDOG

no they actually didnt ruin it , because I still got to set up where I wanted to .  You may be different than me but if im yote hunting ,deer or turkey hunting out of common courtesy I will go on to the next road and park or I will hunt across the road from you  I wont park on top of you and get out and walk down the same road your on and that would also imply with fishing Im not going to pull my boat up next to yours and start fishing the same brush pile!!! The mtn. bike was just used for to cut out a couple of miles of walking that was all it was for. ( some people dont see it that way) and thats ok !! 

DirtyDog

I am the same way......I don't like it when people do it to me, so I don't do it to them.

FinsnFur

No, I think you read into my post the wrong way.
I fully understand the ethics of coming up on someone when either on a stand or pulling into a hunting area. I'm the same way and I think any ethical hunter is...but again, I wasn't questioning your ethics.

It's the events that took place per your post that I'm trying to figure out. So these people pulled up on you and you borrowed their mountain bike?
I just dont think I'm reading it right, because if someone pulled up on me approaching a hunting spot, and they didnt change their minds, there may some words exchanged at that point, but they would be..."May I borrow your bike".  :laf: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com