• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Knee Replacements

Started by riverboss, May 05, 2019, 07:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

Mine have wore threw the bones on the inside! I'm very bow legged it's been 15 yrs since they told me they needed replaced., But wouldn't do it because of my age.

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

Hawks Feather

When they first told me I was a good candidate they also told me that the knees at that time would not last more than 10 years and that was if I was careful.  I said I would wait.  Now they are 30 plus years so I think it will last a lifetime.

riverboss

I plan on wearing these suckers out in a few yrs!

Hawks Feather

Quote from: riverboss on July 03, 2019, 06:39:18 PM
I plan on wearing these suckers out in a few yrs!

Or moving on to hip replacements.

kyfuzzyface

Hope you are able to get out soon, I am still waiting on my medicare to kick in in September
Fuzzy

riverboss

July 16th is the big day!
Fuzzy face let me know if I can help in anyway I may be able to share some Info that's helpful.
I sure hope my hips don't go, my shoulders are a mess also!

riverboss

Thanks I'm going to need it!

FinsnFur

Cant they put a grease zerk on the side there?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

I wish.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 05, 2019, 10:41:21 AM
Cant they put a grease zerk on the side there?

You should be a physician.

JohnP

All will be good just keep a positive attitude and have faith in your doctors. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

Quote from: JohnP on July 06, 2019, 12:02:02 PM
All will be good just keep a positive attitude and have faith in your doctors.

You must have different docs down there John.
I say what I think not think what I say.

riverboss

I put Dr and lawyers in the same category!
They both lie just to get your money.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: riverboss on July 07, 2019, 12:51:00 PM
I put Dr and lawyers in the same category!
They both lie just to get your money.

If you think the doctor is lying and don't think that the x-ray is of your knees then skip the replacement surgery.  No doctor can make you have it.

riverboss

I know they are my ex rays and I really don't have much of a choice!
But they always tell you stuff so you choose them to do it.
I have already been told I would be driving within 3 weeks no problem now it's 4-6 weeks! My wife still can't walk more than 40-50 ft and relies on me alot I need to get back to my position at home fast!
It is what it is and we will have to deal with it as it comes, but I will never trust a Dr or lawyer!
Her problems would be alot less if they would of removed her leg instead of doing 8 operations on it, the nerve damage is so Sevier it swells and retains water leading to be open sores which stay infected.
She will end up loosing it in the long run!

Hawks Feather

Sorry about your wife's condition.  My doctor told me from the beginning that it would be at least five weeks and possibly six weeks and that it would depend on how my recovery progressed.  If I didn't do the therapy it could be many more weeks. 

riverboss

Thanks, I'm looking into putting hand controls on my van if the state will allow it.
Physical therapy and grocery's will be a big chore.

nastygunz

RB,  I don't recall what state you're in but I would suggest looking up your state independent living center, they might be able to help you out with hand controls and services for your wife and home. Every state has to have one under the ADA.  I know that for a fact because I have worked in one for 15+ years!  New Hampshire and Vermont only have one center but bigger states have multiple centers based on regions.  I have worked with multiple people on getting hand controls on their vehicles fairly simple process and they can be switched out to other vehicles and removed if needed.  If you let me know what state you're in  I would be happy to find the center for you.  I would also check out the USDA rural development program. They have a $7500 grant program for home modifications for people with handicaps if you're 62 years or older and they also do one percent interest loans for a handicap home modifications.  If you're a veteran the VA will also help with vehicle and home modifications.

JohnP

A lot of people do not do what the Doc tells them to do nor take their meds and do PT as required.  When things go wrong it's the Doc's fault.  I have seen many lives saved in Vietnam and other far away places because of doctor's.

VA agreed to put hand controls in my truck and car, told them to go pound sand.  Very cheap to buy parts and do it yourself, they can use the money on vets in far worse shape then I am.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs