• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

GoPro blues

Started by FinsnFur, March 07, 2020, 12:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I decided to get a GoPro for the kayak. As expensive as they are. Still cheaper than my phone. I'd really rather not drop my phone in the river. These new GoPros are the shit. You don't even have to handle them. You can turn them on, turn them off, start recording, take a picture stop recording, capture, highlight,  all with voice commands.
I had a generic off brand Vivitar a couple years ago which wasn't bad but it just seemed so cumbersome and so much work involved to work with it. This new GoPro also links to your phone so you can actually watch the footage through your phone as you record instead of trying to look at the little screen. As long as it's within Bluetooth reach it works which is pretty slick.
I wanted to play with it tonight and stick it under the ice and check things out while watching the phone. Well I quickly learned that Bluetooth doesn't work underwater. I'm not going to lie, That kind of pissed me off. LOL.
Watching the phone as I lower the GoPro down under the ice, and all of a sudden a notice came up on the phone said lost connection and the screen froze. At first, I thought great I just stuck my GoPro in the river and broke it. So they really aren't waterproof.
Im going to have a lot of fun with this, this summer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Nice little bass and what appear to be school of crappies or bluegill and this one.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Cool! I can see a bunch of videos comming soon
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

I have a vision in my head of you laying on the ice with one arm bare and then slowly rotating your body around the hole in the ice.   :alscalls:      :alscalls:      :alscalls:   I actually has me smiling.

FinsnFur

Jerry [emoji1787]
It wouldnt be worth all that [emoji23].
I have a 20 inch flexible mounting pole that the camera attaches to one end. When you turn the Gopro upside down or sideways the screen rotates with you to always record right side up. So that worked perfect.
I wish I woulda had a longer one though. Story of my life [emoji1787]

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 07, 2020, 11:21:42 PM
I wish I woulda had a longer one though. Story of my life [emoji1787]

Are we still talking about the GoPro stick?

Okanagan

Cool!  Looking forward to more videos.