• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Calls for vvarminter (updated w/ PICS)

Started by Coulter, March 10, 2013, 07:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

James and Glen came up to Erie a couple weeks ago to make a wood run with me. James fell in love with a board of highly figured bocote (He fondled it all the way home :innocentwhistle:) Anyway, He bought the board and wanted a call to be made out of it. I told him no problem...after all, that would be a truly custom call all the way around. Here are the calls I made for him.

North Bay Epic - Ceramic over glass with matching striker...

And a North Bay Toxin - 3" bocote slate over glass to go along for the ride...

James tells me Coyote Kate is also drooling over these and may be hooked as well.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Coulter on March 10, 2013, 07:26:32 AM
James tells me Coyote Kate is also drooling over these and may be hooked as well.

Pretty easy to see why she is and thanks for finally posting my pictures.

Jerry

vvarmitr

Quote from: Coulter on March 10, 2013, 07:26:32 AM
James fell in love with a board of highly figured bocote (He fondled it all the way home :innocentwhistle:)
They ragged me all the way back, but I didn't care because that is the most beautiful piece of figured wood I have ever seen!  Even the end grain in phenomenal.  But that's just me. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ya know. 
If that was the most beautiful piece of wood I'd ever seen why did I hand it over to Coulter; you might ask?  That was easy! Coulter is a craftsman & turning it exposes a lot of figure in a piece like this.

Quote from: Coulter on March 10, 2013, 07:26:32 AMJames tells me Coyote Kate is also drooling over these and may be hooked as well.
Maybe we'll tag team us one.  :eyebrow:

Todd Rahm

I think ya have great taste in wood and craftsmen!!!

Coulter

Awww shucks. It was a mighty fine piece of wood, I can't wait to see the birds James gets with them.

nailbender

That is one fine lookin' piece of wood! :congrats:

vvarmitr

superdirt