• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got lucky this Morning...Almost lost some traps

Started by Hidehunter, December 10, 2012, 08:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Checked traps before work this morning and got lucky. Have some coon sets and some cat sets along gauley river and it blew up last night. Raised quite a few feet. I had some dirt hole sets along a couple little beaches. Had them on a drag and buried in the sand. Got there this morning and they were under water. I broke off about a 9ft limb and stood at the waters edge and just poked around in the sand for a while and believe it or not i got them. They had about a foot of sand over them and wasnt poking deep enough to start with. Still have one trap under water but its wired to a tree so shouldnt lose it. Needless to say i didnt catch anything this morning. I was glad cause it was pouring the rain down and i forgot my raingear. Played in enough coon grease yesterday so really didnt want to do it again this evening.

Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

Is it legal to use traps to catch fish?  If you you might get lucky with that one remaining trap.

Jerry

Hidehunter

Well you wont hear me complain one bit if I find a nice eater size walleye stuck in there  :laf:
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

I saw this..."Got Lucky This Morning" thread,  down here with the .."Soaking Wet Beaver" thread, and I thought to myself, I said self.........are you sure you wanna click on this one. :wo:

Actually it sounds like a good place to catch some muskrats. Talked to my brother over the weekend when I snapped the beaver pics and he said they are averaging $10 rats.
Now I'm no math wiz but I do know 50 rats is pretty easily obtained. And at $10 a pop you...well...you already see where I'm going $$ :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com