• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

food, gland or curiosity lure?

Started by northern coyote, July 19, 2009, 03:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern coyote

what determines the use of any of these lures? is there a certain situation for each one's best use, or is it completely personal? im gonna be orderin/buyin my lures and baits for the comin season soon, and this year, im gunnin for yotes more'n anythin, im good as far as the coon and fox departments go

im lookin for any help and advise i can git and thanks y'all!
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

alscalls

A dear friend and I were talking once and I complained that something was peeing on my building and causing an awfull smell....
He is a very good and well known trapper and this was years ago....
He set a trap near my building bedding it and sifting fine dry dirt on top of it....He then camouflaged it as if the ground were never disturbed.
Only then did he go to the old barn that used to stand near there and pulled an armload of hay from it and walked toward the trap....I started asking what is the hay for? with no response at all.
To my amazement he put the hay on top of the trap as to not set it off and lit it on fire!!!!!!! :shck: I was going nuts!!! What are you doing I explained......He said do not go near this spot till I tell you otherwise.
He checked this trap everyday for two weeks using only binoculars at a fair distance and on the 14th day he caught a HUGE coyote......I asked......what did you do? He said you watched me! I said I know but why would that work?!
He said I do not know but it works all the time on them big ones....... :laf:
I said why no bait he said then they would be looking for something..... :laf: True story .....But I still dont get why or how he knew to do this we had tried everything before that to catch the culprit ......with nothing.
He used nothing to finish the deal...... :roflmao: :roflmao:
Moral......with or without your presence a coyote already knows how to find food......If it were me... I like curiosity it kills more than cats........ but both were always in my bucket. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Randy Roede

NC, a simple tried and true combo is Carmens Canine Call on the backing of the dirt hole and Ogormans Powder River Bait in the hole. Fox or Coyote. I think you will be happy with that.