• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I'd like to make a couple of points....

Started by Coulter, January 26, 2008, 04:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Okay, pun intended.  :biggrin: Here are a couple points that I helped make. I can't take credit for the majority of the knapping, but I did do some shaping on them. I can't wait to find time to try some more.

Steve

FinsnFur

Nicely done.
Rick223 tried his hand at that once too...dont know what ever became of it.
You'd think people would be selling them for high dollars as originals..granted a pro would know the difference...but that sure wouldnt included me. We do however find them over here along the Mississippi river banks in the spring.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Coulter... What tribe are you from? :laf:

Very nice, they look better than some of the authentic projectile points I've seen from that time period.  :shck:

For what it's worth, both of those points look to be very similar to some used during the Archaic period  (7,000-1,000 BC).

:biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bob D

Those are good ones. I've found alot of arrowheads over the years and very few of them are as nice as those.

iahntr

Perty cool.     
I like the coloration in the one on the left.
Scott

cb223

Those are really cool! I've looked over the years but I've never found any, must be looking in the wrong spot!
CHAD

Coulter

No Tribe here Chet...just a bit of Scot / Irish/ German :wink: I was born to be a mountain man....but I like playing around with primitive technology and making stuff the old way.

I haven't been able to get the time to try my jhand at it anymore, but hopefully during the summer months I will banging away on some rocks :biggrin:

Steve