• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tragedy or Blessing?

Started by 5 SHOTS, November 09, 2010, 09:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

A few days ago, I was driving along, mind wandering (as usual), and suddenly I realized there was a snake in the road. I had no time to react. I jerked my eyes to the mirror in time to see him pass under the trailer tires. 80,000 lb truck at 60 mph. CPR might not help. He was only about a foot and a half long, about the size of your thumb. Just a baby. I had taken an innocent young life because of my carelessness. His hopes and dreams gone, all because of my inattentiveness.                                                                                                                                                                           I spent a couple of sleepless night thinking about what i had done. Maybe he had a family, or perhaps had read Dog Droppers post and decided to travel to Canada to help keep the mice out of the traps. Or perhaps while he was surfing the Internet, he might have read about Redfrog and thought to himself "I'm too young to buy alcohol, and Frogs taste good, maybe I should kill two birds with one stone". "I could go to Canada and get a frog and alcohol at the same time". Then he might have thought about going south for the winter to work out and get big and strong enough to be able to handle Redfrog. If he had stayed around here he would have to hibernate and couldn't build himself up.                                                                                                                                                                                            My conscience was getting the best of me. Then it occurred to me, I might have given this snake a humane, dignified end. Maybe while down south, he accidentally found himself in Tennessee, and not having time to read all the posts on Fins and Fur, he didn't know anything about Bopeye, wandered into Bopeyes yard, where Bopeye, seeing that he was a little bigger than his last victim, decided to shove his whole fist down this poor little snakes throat, or even worse, I shudder to think of the indignity, if Bopeye had gotten ideas from his post "Did anyone from West Virginia....." So, I think I will sleep better tonight, Knowing that I may have saved him from an embarrassing, miserable and lingering death at the hands of Bopeye.

So, tradgedy or blessing?    :shrug:

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

I think he might have read Weasel-UT's recent drivel on the web, looked him up on face book, soaked up his Bio and thought my gawd what a looser, and then committed suicide.

So I'm going with....Omen. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

QuoteSo, tradgedy or blessing?   :shrug:

Well I know Barry is gonna take the "good driving Art" so I'll just stick with the old "Either way Ya done good Art!!"  :yoyo: :yoyo:

edit to add>> WHAT!!?? NO PICS!!??  :laf: :laf:

:readthis:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

msmith

It all depends Art...what kind of snake was it?
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

KySongDog

The end was quick and, yes, merciful.   If it had bit Bopeye, food poisoning would have caused a long lingering painful death.   :sad:

You did good, Art. 

Hawks Feather

I think it was suicide.  Why else would a snake be in the road?

Jerry

Bopeye

:laf: :laf: If it had gotten the same idea that the West Virginny snake did........well let's just say ole Bopeye would have had a bad time.  :alscalls:

Semp says "food poisoning"....... :laf:  Ya saying that little feller would have eaten some bad pork?  :alscalls:

Great story Art, but I hate to tell ya man.

BITE ME!!!

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

JohnP

Just another needless death.  This post has been referred to PETA for appropriate action.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

5 SHOTS

Quote from: JohnP on November 15, 2010, 12:53:37 PM
Just another needless death.  This post has been referred to PETA for appropriate action.

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.