• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Weather reports from your area? Freezing rain here

Started by Okanagan, December 28, 2017, 12:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Freezing rain this morning that keeps falling, with a layer of clear ice already a half inch thick on top of a prior 3 inches of snow.  Everything has a coat of ice.  My neighbor was shoveling his walk and I started to.  After two scoops that cleared about 2 square feet, I reconsidered and quit shoveling.

As I was concerned might happen, that clear patch of cement sidewalk now has a thickening layer of ice building on it and is much more slippery to step on than the ice crusted snow.  We haven't heard from our daughter in Pennsylvania and wonder how much the big snow in Erie hit her place near Valley Forge.  Dave & Dave, how is it in your area?

I was going to take the Suzi 4x4 on a run to the nearest grocery store but won't even do that now.  It is time for hot drinks and hibernation.

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

Quote from: JohnP on December 28, 2017, 02:06:17 PM
Sierra Vista, AZ 70°  Don't be mad.

:alscalls: :alscalls:  I'm not!! I like Winter here in Ohio!!

Ok-- Coulter lives in Erie & in his last text,,  :holdon: :holdon: ,, he's doing fine  :wink: :wink: on Tuesday he had 53" on the ground.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dave

Nothing going on here, Okan.  THere's a 25% chance of a little snow Saturday and the trucks are out brining the roads.
I know it's all relative, but it's cold here;  single digits this morning, John P! (most everyone else can ignore this).

Hawks Feather

We had six inches of show a few days ago and of course it hit when I had the snowblower torn apart replacing blades.  Since then no snow, but it has been cold.  High today was 10 above, but the wind sort of drove it through a person.

Jerry

Okanagan

31 F here but it is supposed to get up to 36 tonight.  An hour ago the ice build-up reversed and started melting slightly faster than it is building.  Now we have water on top of ice, but ground warmth is starting to melt the icy sidewalks.  I'll stay home and see what it is like tomorrow.

Our worst winter driving conditions come when the temps hang right at freezing or a degree below, and that is a common winter temp just inland here on the north Pacific Coast.  Fog will cling to any surface and form a coat of ice on it, rain drizzle does the same.  If wind is light, low hilltops will be above freezing the but where a road goes through a dip the temp in the bottom will be below freezing and the road covered with black ice, often with as little as 100 feet of elevation difference.   Bridges are bad for ice of course, as anywhere.   

nastygunz

As my brother in law in Florida sends me pictures of him catching bass off the edgeof his backyard🌴🌴🌴

pitw

-32F here with a 7mph breeze which makes me feel better about being inside.
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Right now it's 9*F with a north east wind about 5 MPH. About 1 inche of snow on the ground. Looking at a low of 2 tonight. Looking at 2 more inches possible Saturday morn.

Be a good night for some calling. But I have to work.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

MI VHNTR

Only -20 F this morning. Thank the lord for global warming.  :iroll:
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

riverboss

Something has to give with this global warming!
I have about had it, 20 degrees above is just to dang hot for this time of yr.

I guess it's all the emissions from these kayaks â›´ it seems they are very popular.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

Okanagan

I wrote a story about Neanderthal scientists arguing about global warming and the retreat of the Ice Age glaciers but don't know of any magazine that would buy it. 

It must be tough to be a weatherman.   In our area there are a lot of winter forecasts within a degree of freezing.  If they predict 33 degrees with rain and miss by a degree or two, we get 31 degrees and a foot of snow.  The forecast for last night was warmer temps with no rain, but we got more freezing rain and added another quarter inch layer of ice, a good 3/4 inch thick on my car.

pitw

It's so Fn cold here this morning people are feeling sorry for fires and bringing them inside to thaw out.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on December 29, 2017, 09:37:50 AM
It's so Fn cold here this morning people are feeling sorry for fires and bringing them inside to thaw out.

:laf: :highclap:

On the good side, when it gets to -40 you don't have to translate C to F for the US Fins and Fur members   :laught17:

nastygunz

4 above and snowed all day here,  supposed to have a temperature spike up to 16° tomorrow though  :yoyo:🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

slagmaker

Well we got some snow and the temps will be dropping tomorrow down to a low below zero. Then some more snow.
Sure was pretty today with the fresh snow a falling
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Looks like Global Warming is hitting most of the area and not just Ohio.   :innocentwhistle:   Seems like the US should invest a few more trillion dollars to stop it.  Wait, there isn't a democrat in the White House, so that probably won't happen.

Jerry

FinsnFur

6 below today suppose to warm up to 2 below.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com