• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Don's new ride.

Started by pitw, June 11, 2016, 10:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

It rained this morning morning so Don and I went to an auction to see about buying a tractor.  The old fellow who owned the stuff had died 16 years ago and it was all shedded.  He was to meticulous about his stuuf it was legend around these parts.  Got to the sale and knew I wasn't buying the tractor as it was gonna go to high and I found the clutch to be near it's end.  Don however fell in love with a truck and we stayed to watch it sell.  It was the only truck they started today as the sun had used it from time to time.  Don never even batted an eye as he bid to win and win he did.

He drove it to the surprise of many there as he won't get a license for another 9 months. :biggrin: Was tickled pink to find this behind the seat.

The lad is happier than a pig in pooh and wash washing[the already clean] truck when I got home ten minutes behind him.  It has 5 new 10 ply tires and is in better shape than any I've seen in years.

I also bought a set of harness so Wilma can pull a plow and even bought her a new ride.

Bought a new communication device as Don had never used one he had to try it when I got it in the house.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Oh my god that truck is in awesome shape for a 76! It is a 1976 isnt it? Looks like one.
That thing is sooo right up my alley :thumb2: Mannnn o mannn
I had one of them I put a Boss 302 in loved that damn thing.
Donny take care of that thing. Thats a REAL truck right there. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Wait sec...how can Donny have never used a phone?
And how did Wilma like her...her...what is that thing anyway? :wo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Congrats to Donny on the truck.  It does look to be in great shape and even has a GUN RACK!  Also glad to see a rotary dial again.  We had one at school and about 25 years ago a kid asked to use the phone and I said sure.  He stood there and looked at it, picked it up, and then asked how to make it call.  As for the other item - I have no idea what it is, but with that logo it should work.

Jerry

bambam

pitw

Wifes new ride is an electronic vacumn for vehicles and that little thing works too. :confused:  I also got in the box the phone came in [$4] an old electric knife.

Wife was all gaa gaa over that as it is like er old one that is wore out.  It dang near got me outta trouble for the new ride. :readthis:

The truck is a 1977 according to the bill of sale as I ain't checked the VIN yet. He paid $2,900 for it and I think because he stands above the crowd and has earned the trust of all the neighbors and they really like the kid, that they quit bidding to let him have it.  There was a dodge of the same vintage beside it that sold first for $4,900 and it wouldn't start.   :shrug:

Carolina Coyote

Barry you keep calling Donny  the lad and he looks like a big man to me, congratulation on the truck, my kind of man a truck over a car. :yoyo:

pitw

Carl the little pooh is 6'5" and will always be my baby. :wink:  These boys are truck men. :yoyo:

pitw

That damb phone.  Don and I discovered when we dialed it the cordless in the office would beepity beep.  Sooooooooo when ma was in the house Don went downstairs and plugged in the rotary and would dial, ma would go running to see what was beepity beeping.  This went on for about half an hour at which time we both shoulda went fishing, hunting, walking, rioting or something else.  Now Don knows what really ticking a woman off can do. :nofgr:

FinsnFur

:alscalls: I cant believe you two aint bachin it by now.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Dave

Quote from: pitw on June 12, 2016, 09:48:14 AM

The truck is a 1977 according to the bill of sale as I ain't checked the VIN yet. He paid $2,900 for it and I think because he stands above the crowd and has earned the trust of all the neighbors and they really like the kid, that they quit bidding to let him have it.  There was a dodge of the same vintage beside it that sold first for $4,900 and it wouldn't start.   :shrug:

That's great!!!  :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on June 13, 2016, 09:26:15 PM
:alscalls: I cant believe you two aint bachin it by now.

It does appear that the apple has not fallen very far from the tree.

Jerry

FinsnFur

LMAO!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Got home yesterday to see this.

Donny and buddy changing the heater core in his truck.  Does a fellow good to see younguns willing to do their own work.

The fellow with the baler and rake I was dealing on with the idea I'd dessicate this fall in trade told me we wouldn't do any dessicating this fall cause he has too many wash outs that will just wreck my machine[I'm loving this guy] so he asked if $500 would be ok for the baler and rake.  I reached in my pocket and pulled out the cash.  I then got the baler home and washed it up and put it online for 5 grand[guy coming to look at it tonight] :yoyo:

new Holland 425

Then he ask's if I wanna buy a truck and I ask what kind.  He says about a '62 International 2ton that got parked where it is 20 years ago.  I suggest $200 and he held out his hand palm up, so I reached in the pocket again.  When we picked up the baler I drove the equipment line and found my new truck.

Along with a few other things.

The fella says if I can sell any of his stuff I'll get half the proceeds.  Living off the land so to speak is kinda/sorta fun.LOL
My oldest lad is running the sprayer today so I got time to talk on here before I start haying tomorrow.

I also bought another '84 the other day but ain't got a pic yet.

FinsnFur

Sweeet pics. Someone needs to mow their lawn though.
I cant believe how good of shape that Ford is in. I am so envious.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Dave

Damn, that's great!
   - both the flip and that Don is under that hood.  All good stuff

pitw

Seems my youngest lad has been paying attention to what I do to live poorly.   Other day I got a call from a farmer who lives 30 some miles from us and he asked if it was my boy he had met in an old 70's style truck, and if it was, I was to have the lad call him. 
Well Donny called Skip and took off running to hook up to a trailer and gone.  :shock2:  Seems Skip had a couple 77's he didn't want and Donny could have them for the hauling.   A couple hours later Don was back with this

Little bum didn't even have the truck unloaded before he changed out the grille halves to make his whole again.  He also found another fellow with 3 of these old trucks who gave them to him for removal.  The lad will haul all but one  of them home for either fixing up or parts as he has already sold one for $1000 and has the job of putting tires on it for the buyer for another $150.  He will also sell parts to this other person, so it seems he has started his own small business just by being cheap. :clap: .  Sounds like he wants to surround the market as he asked if I wanted to go 300 miles away to look at another he found but I'm kinda/sorta digging in me heels about this one. 

Hawks Feather

I think I would be pretty proud if he were my son.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Oh my gawd those trucks are a rarity anymore. :doh2:
I am so jealous :shock2:
Donny's makin out like  Bandit.  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers