• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What game have you taken with your bow

Started by George Ackley, September 17, 2007, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Ackley

And what's your favorite game to bow hunt?
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Silencer

Deer of course  :wink:  but also shot turkey, rabbit, grouse, squirrel, and one time I got a muskrat.

Deer is the fav but I'm not going this fall, havent picked the bow up all summer.  Trainning my dog takes up alot of my free time. 

Going to miss the PA bowhunters festival this year :rolleye: :sad:  Had a great time last year down there.

THO Game Calls

deer. moose, black bear, turkey, for the big game,

The moose was at less than 15 feet.   Bears have all been from tree stands, and only one, my first, over bait.

The best deer hunting with a bow I ever had was at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Pointm NC.  The base golf couse was closed on Mondays, and you could bow hunt it.  I even took up golf for awhile just to be able to pattern the deer there LOL.

I don't bow hunt too much anymore, but black bear is by far my favorite to hunt with the bow. 

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

bowjunkie

squirrel ,rabbits,prarie dogs,pheasant,duck, fox, (still workin on my first coyote) pig ,deer ,elk ,goin for a bear next yr if I draw (drew this yr but the doc wouldn't let me hunt)  :argh:

iahntr

Some small game like, pheasant, squirrel, grouse, rabbit, cat, etc., turkey, deer, both whitetail and muledeer, boar, bear. The bear was one of my  favorite/ most memorable. It was my first, and I shot it with a longbow my brother made, with wood arrows that I made, and I made a camera mount for my treestand and got it on film. That was perty cool.
I've been elk huntin three times with a bow, once in Colorado, and twice in Idaho. Even though I haven't gotten an elk yet, it is probably my favorite to hunt. I love the mountains (although they would kill me the shape I'm in right now  :doh2:) and there's nothing like havin that bull bugle in the distance, and callin to him, and the next time he bugles he's almost on top of ya, makes the ol hair stand on the back of yer neck, and give ya goosebumps. :biggrin:
But, I do spend most of my time deer huntin, and there's nothin like seein that monster buck makin his way to your stand, or I love stalkin and tryin to put the sneek on one........ :confused: :confused:, favorites tough to pick, but I really do love the mountains..... :biggrin:
Scott

newbomb

Deer dogs cats squirrels coons possums birds rabbits.

bowslinger

deer rabbit squirels skunk wood chucks and coons

cb223

WOW AM I JEALOUS!!! Bear, elk, boar and all manner of other game!

All I got is about 1/2 dozen deer, a couple squirrels, 2 kitty's, 1 porcupine and don't forget 1 chipmunk!  The chipmunk should be at least double or maybe even triple score, cause that's a small target!!!
CHAD

iahntr

Did ya do a shouder mount? Or spring for a full body.  :eyebrow:

A rug would be cool too  :biggrin:
Scott

cb223

On the chipmunk I definitely went with a full body. Even though my taxidermist got it in 2 pieces he did a great job of sewing it back together!!
CHAD

weedwalker

Quote from: THO Game Calls on September 17, 2007, 04:44:16 PM
The best deer hunting with a bow I ever had was at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Pointm NC.  The base golf couse was closed on Mondays, and you could bow hunt it.  I even took up golf for awhile just to be able to pattern the deer there LOL.

I bet the golfers loved those Tuesday morning gut piles. :roflmao: