• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Weekend Hunt

Started by CCP, October 01, 2006, 12:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

I was lazy and laid around Friday nothing special.  Saturday morning me and Aaron went and made two stands no takers not even a hint of a coyote. From there we went Scouting an old place from last year not much sign but located two good set up areas. I just new Sun would be a good day I just like the way those stands were.

Well it started like this
Packed the gear in the jeep Jeep battery dead, loaded gear in wife's car headed to Aaron's. We load and leave 45 min drive to where we are going. Start hearing a noise back brake stuck were 25 miles from home. We get out and  try to get brake unstuck finally we succeed. On with the journey we get to the gate a little late but still feel fine about the time,I work the combo nothing, I work the combination lock again still nothing. After 20 min we are confident lock combination has been changed. We decide to drive to another area we had hunted before and scout some more.

We get to the place and there is fog I love hunting in the fog, plus it had rained 1 1/2 hrs earlier. We decide to make a set as we walk down the creek we spot fresh coyote track we stop and set up.We know this neck is a good area for the coyotes to bed in and didnt want to push him out.

I have Brent's new sound"s on my foxpro and the new Howler he sent. After around 3 min on the foxpro back and fourth coyote comes down wood line and cuts across ridge to get down wind. He is know on the other side of the hill I cant see him I start foxpro back up. I watch the cows close in toward where I believe coyote to be sure enough he is there but he is through a lot of briar's ghosting in and out.Finally cows chase coyote back out over the ridge. I get on the howler and start barking he circles back and barks back, I continue to talk to him bringing him back and forth for several min he is as close as 15 yards to many briars and he is moving back and forth.

I finally give out a Bark and two yelps followed by crying and he comes on in to 7  or 8 yards Aaron shots and he drops. I run over ith the cam still on tripod to get his last wishes he is biting his leg then takes off . The chase is on me and Aaron is running behind this coyote,He only goes 20 yards hard to believe with such a big hole in him.

This was the first time I have had the bullet blow up in the 300whisper think it was the closeness's hitting a bone. I age this coyote at 4 years old by its teeth and its weight was 31lbs.

This is Aaron with his prize.

Here is a clip to Brent Its hard to say typing what we feel sometimes better live as it happens. Maybe 3 minutes after shot.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

centerfire_223

Way to hang tuff. Good looking coyote to boot. Wish I could have been out hunting instead of sitting here at work :madd:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Jeb

Congrats Rich and Aaron ! Glad it all worked out for yall.
                  Jim

FinsnFur

Sounds like the beginning of every one of my days  :biggrin: but they finish out that way too.......NOT with a dead coyote.  :confused:

Nice job indeed.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

Good deal Rich. Glad your day finished better than it started.

Do you have the names of the sounds? If so which one did it for ya?

Them howlers are so user friendly and realistic it isn't fair is it...LOL

Congrats Bud  :yoyo:

JD

Mallardsr

Way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :highclap:

fuzz624

Nice story and pics CCP.Im glad the day turned out better than it started.and congrats on the yote.

FinsnFur

If the coyotes find the rest of that howler they gonna tear that thing up.

You ever see a hyper Chiwawa thrashing the hell out of a stuffed animal or the newspaper? That's what I'm picturing right now.  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bearmanric

great going it all worked. i need to get out. making call's. :yoyo: great job Rich working him in. :yoyo: Rick

coyotehunter_1

Rich,
You told me last night in chat that you felt good about today. Even with a bad start it all ended well … although not so good for the coyote.  :biggrin:

Good hunting, guys!  :highclap:

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

desert dog

Nice story and pictures.........Congrats.
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Bob D

Way to go Rich and Aaron. Rich it sounded like you were talkin pretty good coyote to get him to come in that close. Congratulations on a successful hunt and thanks for the after shot video.

keekee

Thank you Rich! I enjoyed that! And I am Glad the sounds are worken good for you.

I think the cottontail sound you were using was a sound JD done on one of my calls (Krazy Cottontail), and the sound you used for the Bobcat was the Jumpen-in-Jack sounds I done on a open reed call. The sounds have tested out pretty good were happy with them!

I'm also glad you like the howler! Thats the first Buffalo horn I ever did. I may haft to make myself one of them if I ever get cough up....lol

Sounds like you done a heck of a good job worken that coyote with the howler as well. Good callen!

I was Glad to here you found it....lol...Had me all bent out of shape when you said you lost it....lol

I got you a fix for that I'm going to send you in the mail! Me and Loren from Reese Outdoors have a new lanyard design for the howlers and I think you will like it. Holds the howler and 4 calls! I have one for JD as well, this should save us some time, because JD forgets and leaves his on stand to....lol

I will get that in the mail in the AM!

Again thanks for the kind words!

Brent

kyray

Way to work em Rich and Aron!  Glad to hear somebody is after them. Can't get caught up at work. In a couple of weeks, I'm going, caught up or not! kyray

canine

Brent.............Could i get a howler to go with that lanyard?? I seem to have forgotten mine at a stand location :innocentwhistle: :eyebrow:

JD

keekee

Your killen me JD! :innocentwhistle:

Brent