• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Things came together this morning...(pictures added)

Started by centerfire_223, October 16, 2006, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I worked last night so I didn't have a lot of time to hunt this morning but I did go out and make two stands. The first stand was the same stand I where I called one in last time I was there. He came running in to a Grey fox pup in distress, but unfortunately I had one of the guys I work with doing the shooting. Well I wish i was shooting, the coyote stops at about 100 yards from my buddy. Standing in a semi open pasture, Matt never shot. I think he may have gotten a touch of COYOTE FEVER. This coyote trotter across 100 yards of pasture, the only thing in it was weeds. Matt is sitting there with a AR with a 30 round magazine. Never fires a shot. I would have melted the barrel off of that rascal.

But anyway back to this morning. I was sitting there blowing a rabbit tune on a new call I got from KO (Joe and Loren), I think it is called mini meanie? It was the white call with the black tone board they were selling the other day. By the way great sounding call. When I first sat down I seen a blondie colored dog, and I mean house dog milling around in the pasture. So I let it get out of sight before I started calling. About 10 minutes into the stand I catch just a glimpse of something Blondie colored coming my way. Now my mind was telling me here is this house dog coming in to investigate these sounds. But I went ahead and got ready just in case. The weeds in this field were definitely higher than I thought when I sat down. Cause I could just get glimpse of the animal coming in. Still couldn't tell for sure if it was a coyote or not.

It was coming in taking it own sweet time, just a slow trot. When it got down in a little dip in the ground I couldn't tell where it went. So I picked up my gun off of the sticks because I knew it was going to be up close and personal. It stepped out into an opening at 11 steps away. Instantly I seen it was a coyote and dropped the hammer on it. The 12 gauge #4 buck dropped it like a rock. I think that is the closest I have shot one.

It turned out to be one of the prettiest coyotes I have ever killed. It was a small female pup from this year. Beautiful Blondie red coat on her too. My camera has taken a dump on me but I will get some pictures and add to this post, when my wife gets home with her camera.

Finally got my act together made good on what I have called in.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

slagmaker

Wat to go centerfire. Cant wait to see the pics!!
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Lighterknot

Chad

canine

Congrats Ronnie!!! Sounds like a real palse raiser!!

JD

keekee

Congrads Ronnie! Sounds like a blast!

Brent

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

:yoyo: way to go Bud. He does have a nice pale coat on. Looks like one of this years.
Job well done, thanks for sharing it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Congrats Ronnie !! Thanks for sharing.
               Jeb

Bob D

That's a pretty coyote Ronnie .Great job on the calling. Nothing like building your confidence up calling them in.
Bob

Mallardsr

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

keekee

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net