• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Special thanks

Started by coyotehunter_1, February 07, 2010, 10:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotehunter_1

I would like to take a moment to give a special thanks to everyone that helped make this years LBL get together a success. From the good people at Wrangler's Restaurant (that happily opened their doors for a bunch of cold coyote hunters), to the great folks that donated items for the drawing, to the guys that helped Richard (CCP) conduct the door prize drawing, and to everyone that attended the hunt. If I tried listing all the peoples names I would overlook someone so I won't.
At the moment I'm not exactly sure how many attended, someone said around forty. It looked to be an excellent turnout, maybe out largest yet. Bopeye and I drove over to LBL Saturday, not to hunt but to see everyone. Bop also had a special task. During the door prize drawing, he was to present the HuntnCarve coveted “Bite Me” award which by the way went to Semp this year.
Pitw (Barry from Canada) was presented with a custom made Hawks Feather ink pen in appreciation for being at the hunt and for his contributions to the board
Kurtis, the youngest coyote hunter in attendance was presented a special hand call from all of us. Thank you for attending, Kurtis I enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again next year.

I tried to meet everyone but if in the excitement I missed someone I do apologize. There were many reports of coyotes called, some missed, and a few put on the ground. Good times were shared, tales were swapped, old friendships renewed and new ones formed. I hope everyone enjoyed the camaraderie.

Unknowingly to me I also had a surprise in store. Bop and I had just arrived at LBL when this gentleman comes forward. He asked me if I recognized him. I guess I looked like a deer in the head lights because I had no idea. He said I'm Doug West. Immediately I knew who it was… a first cousin that I had not seen in over thirty plus years. Ironically Doug (Wild Wild West) has been a member here at FnF for some time but neither of us had made the connection. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. Even thought we have members from across the globe, it's a small world after all.  

See you all next year,
Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

The long lost cousin. That would be pretty cool. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Sounds like a great way to have a family reunion.

Jerry

alscalls

I knew yall were all related down there!    :hahaha:   Glad ya made it........wish I were there. :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

WldWldWest

It was great to see you Chet after all these year's!

I didnt know what I was missing! The Yotehntr has been trying to get me to go to LBL for a couple of year's now so I guess from this point on I'll be a regular! we had a great time and I got to meet alot of good folk's!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Bopeye

Yeah Doug, ole Chet couldn't get over running into you after all these years. He talked about how the last time he saw you that you were probably about 10 years old and he would have been around 15 or 16...........He and I were both amazed at two cousins that knew each other well in early childhood and then hadn't seen each other all this time would re-unite at the LBL. See I'm telling you guys, the LBL hunt is special in more ways than just one.

BTW, it was my pleasure meeting you Doug. I got a picture of you, but unless someone just knows it's you.......ya can't tell. I'm so sorry about that.  :shrug:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jimmie in Ky

I have to agree Bop. It is special in more ways then one.

If you have ever been around these guys you will always know that God has smiled upon you. The generosity and fellowship is something you can never put a price on. And those who have never been there with them will never understand . But those who do come will never be hte same . Jimmie

HaMeR

I walked up on Chet & Doug while they were chatting well off to the side. You shoulda seen the glow in their eyes when they told me they were related & that they hadn't seen each other in 30 some years!! I believe that was the hi-lite of my weekend down there. And I think a couple cousins have found a new hunting partner. I hope I remember those 15 minutes the rest of my life.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on February 07, 2010, 05:21:46 PM
I have to agree Bop. It is special in more ways then one.

If you have ever been around these guys you will always know that God has smiled upon you. The generosity and fellowship is something you can never put a price on. And those who have never been there with them will never understand . But those who do come will never be hte same . Jimmie

I'd never have believed this until I experienced it and what Jimmie said is true to the end. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.