• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

HISTORY OF LBL (Uh !!! What the @#&*)

Started by securpro, December 13, 2007, 11:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Jimmie in Ky

The boogy man can keep a lot of folks from monkying around an operating still. And hell yes they kept some stills in operation out there for many years after removal. Back in the 80's I used to worry, with good reason, about falling in storage pits. Found one or two of them myself way back up in the hills.

Of course, that might have been that strange set of tracks I found out there last february  :shck: Jimmie

FinsnFur

No more walking outside the cabin to take a pee  :shck:  :holdon:  :sad3:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

What ya gonna do Jimbo?  Pee in the cabin?  :confused:

Jimmie in Ky

Whoever stays with Jimbo better bring a thunder mug for him.  :wink:

Why do I have the funny feeling I am the only one in here that knows what a thunder mug is  ? :confused:

Jimmie

KySongDog

awh

Where these stories started after Jimbo started hunting there? Hmmmmmmmm, Something to ponder on ....... :roflmao:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

possumal

After reading Jim's comments, I'd be watching old Weedwalker's Coyote Helper real close! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

:laf: I think I'd pee out the window so I wouldnt have to worry about that thing finding me  :sad3:

Of course...if he charged me while I had my fly down, he may realize he's whooped right there.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 14, 2007, 04:03:13 PM
:Of course...if he charged me while I had my fly down, he may realize he's whooped right there.  :shrug:

:roflmao:   Whoa!  Gotta get out the 'ol hip waders...its gettin deeeeeep!   :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyotehunter_1

Oh, I believe!

I also had one of those encounters, it was awful close too. This happened during last years hunt, not in Kentucky but in the southern section of the LBL, a motel room at the Dover Inn to be exact. It was late Saturday night, just around midnight. I was sleeping soundly in my bed when suddenly I was awakened by loud unworldly moans and hair-raising howls. These reverberations were not coming from the big woods nearby but only a few feet away in the bathroom. After several minutes of bellowing, the latrine door swung wide and out stepped the most wild eyed, scruffy headed creature you could ever imagine. Every horror story I had ever heard of was about to come true.  Bigfoot, Wolfman, Frankenstein and all their happy friends had stumbled into my dark room and were about to party. Suddenly, I became aware that my calling partner Bopeye, who was nested in a nearby bed, had not risen to the clatter. Regaining slight composure, barely enough to reach the light switch, I flipped on the bulb. To my relief, there was my ol' friend Bopeye standing there. I asked what was the matter. Having earlier dined on "Yankee BBQ", Bop, it seems had found this strange brew not quite to his intestinal liking. Now he was filling the night with wild howls, evil moans and foul, rancid odors. It was a horror !  :puke:

Still,  that artist's drawing looks just like what I remember seeing that night...
right before the lights came on at the Dover Inn.  :roflmao:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

:hahaha:  :laugh2: :laugh2: Yankee BBQ your ass  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

DirtyDog

Coon hunter

Here is a site with a pic of the beast of  LBL . the cave drawing below it is from a cave in my county 2 miles down river from me.

http://www.kentuckybigfoot.com/pictures.htm
Quality Whole sale and customer Taxidermy

Coon hunting  Its a passion .

KySongDog

I live pretty close to Spottsville, Ky and have hunted that area for many years. (along the Green River)

All I can say about the Spottsville Monster is.......... BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!    :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Jimmie in Ky

I'm not foolish enough to say such creatures can't exist out there somewhere. But when a single black bear moved through the area a few years ago it was seen on a regular basis by a fair number of people. It was seen coming from tennesse and returning to tennessee. It crossed at least four counties in it's travels. We're talking about something that is supposed to be a bit larger than a black bear and you don't hear of these sightings.

If such a creature was in the LBL it would definately be seen by somebody on a regular basis. Not even the cougars are getting by without leaving sign up there. Hard to find but you can find it if your looking for it. Everything leaves sign sometime , somewhere.

Anytime you check on mountain folklore here in the state, you hear all kinds of tales. Many passed down from our scotch -irish heritage. The folks in the LBL were no diferent. Many of them were also of scotch Irish decent.  And a heck of a lot of tales were told with th intent of keeping folks out. Haint tales are a big part of our heritage. Jimmie

Coon hunter

When we were working In Murray KY a Friend of mine said he seen something That looked like what jimmy described crossing a bean field.
Quality Whole sale and customer Taxidermy

Coon hunting  Its a passion .

Carolina Coyote

What ever this thing is it sure provdies some interesting read and sounds somewhat like the Alligator Man in the Low Country of South Carolina that caused such a stir a few years back, being of Scotch- Irish decent myself I can see how stoeies like this can get started from some of the tales my Grandpa and Uncles used to tell. The part about the family that was killed and not getting in the news is kind of hard to swallow, what was the name of the family,surely they had family members that would like to know what happen to them? Very good stories, I have enjoyed reading them.cc