• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

All I can do is pics for now. (Story added)

Started by Roundman, February 03, 2008, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

First I want to say thanks to everybody. I had a great time and was glad to see everyone. You can't beat the people that put this hunt together, Jimmy, Rich, Brent, Stu, you guys are ace's in my book. I was able to bring a friend this year and he was very impressed with the people and the LBL land. A big thanks to those who donated for the drawing, you guys rock!  :yoyo:  The only thing missing was a few of the regular members.  A couple of fellas from Illinois and a couple from South Carolina. Believe me when I say you guys were missed by the entire group. I got to meet a few guys from the great state of West Virginia for the first time. They had some good luck with a couple of fine dogs. I hope to see them again next year.
I am sorry about not being at the campfire on Friday night...tired is not the word used to describe the way I felt that night. I walked my backside off.  That lbl is hard on a fat man.

Now to the hunt, Friday we made multiple stands in the am with no luck. That evening we had some action at a distance, some lone howls but no takers. Early Saturday we tried to work a dog that was within 400 yards but again no takers.  By this point I'm thinking about how bad I suck, but we keep walking and calling. On the third stand on the next ridge I called in a pair of dogs. The male dog stayed at the bottom of the draw while the female (I assume it was a female)  tried circled down wind of us.  I gave him a couple of lip squeaks and he came at me like his ass was on fire. I had to shoot in self defence. Three times with the 12ga. We were unable to get a shot at the female dog, she didn't to stick around. What a monkey off my back, this was my 4th trip to the lbl and it was well worth it. Sunday we saw a nice dog running across a field  :shck: we tried to get in front of it but the distance between us was too great.  :doh2: by the time we got set up he may have been two miles away.

For those that were unable to make it we hope to see ya next year. For the newbies (like myself)....attending this hunt might nock off a year or two of mistakes. I pick up tips by setting back and taking in the info thats kicked around the campfire.

DirtyDog

Looking forward to the story Mike......thats a great looking yote.  :wink:

HaMeR

Nice coyote!! Definitely not young of the year. Look at those canines!! :shck:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bills Custom Calls

Mike I have some pics I will forward to you in a day or so

Very Nice Coyote
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

I was wondering what he looked like. I only got to see him after Jimmie peeled him like an orange. Seemed to have a pretty fair amount of meat on him.......made good chili...... :sneer:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Nice Coyote Mikey....... :yoyo: :yoyo: You da man!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

kcb346

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and thats why it's called the present.

wv_yoter

Quote from: Roundman on February 03, 2008, 09:48:10 PM
I got to meet a few guys from the great state of West Virginia for the first time.
It was nice to meet you too. Congrats on the yote :congrats:
Jason

Frogman

Mike,
         wv_yoter and I enjoyed talking to you.  Always nice to meet someone with roots in WV.  Really nice dog you got.  I wish I could have seen it with the hide still on.  Looked kind of scrawny without it's coat.  Way to go! :congrats:  We had a great time with a great bunch of guys.  We are already making plans for next year's hunt.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!