• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

material

Started by awh, September 26, 2010, 08:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Ok. Me and Lil man are hot and heavy into bow hunting this year. Tis the first year he has really took any interest in going with a bow. Me being me, I have influenced him into taking my dads old recurve since I shoot one myself. :biggrin: So......I'm being a bum again. We need some material from our fellow hunters here if ya get lucky or have it laying around.

5 shots sent us some rock to make points and I have a dowel rod maker to make shafts. But we are looking for feathers and more rock. Goose, turkey, ...any bigger bird will do. Any type of flint/chert/agate or .....don't laugh, old saw mill band saw blades. (to make trade points....) We are trying to get it were we can make every thing we use to bow hunt with. (By the way.....the bow itself is in the works and I hope to have some pics up of them real soon) We took one of Cams red fox hides that we tanned out and made a nice quiver the other day as well.

And when the lil turd logs on next time ask him about missing TWO... BIG... red (we call em brush Wolf's here) yotes yesterday. :innocentwhistle: (Twas youth day here and he flat out missed an easy shot..... :doh2:)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.