• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A couple years makes a difference

Started by Roundman, September 18, 2010, 08:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

I was looking at some of the old ball game pictures and realized the girl is growing quick. I took these the other night, I know they aren't the best, but I'm not allowed on the field. Shooting from a distance made it much harder. I changed the shutter speed to add a little more action in the pictures. The first shot is my girl catching a fly. The second is our pitcher.

shaddragger

:congrats: Great shots, Roundman!! Tell her that's good form on that fly, both hands up & looking across the glove! I got the privilege of working with my daughter's teams for 2 years until she went to high school ball. Precious time !!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

pitw

That's pretty cool the way you got the ball to streak, eh :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Good pictures, but I have to ask.  What have you done that they won't allow you on the field?  If you really want to get on the field and it is a school team talk with the coach, yearbook advisor, and the athletic director.  Tell them what camera you have (maybe take your camera along with a long lens), emphasis that it is not a point and shoot, and that you will allow the school to use your images for school publications if they let you get inside and shoot.  Talk with them about what you would like to shoot and possible places that they would allow you to be so that you can get those shots for THEM.  I was inside the fences at last week's tennis match.  Only the paper has been allowed inside and that was for a quick shot.  I did stay pretty quiet and didn't cheer while I was inside - something that I am sure would have caused the other coach to get me out of there. 

Jerry

Roundman

Quote from: Hawks Feather on September 19, 2010, 10:33:47 PM
Good pictures, but I have to ask.  What have you done that they won't allow you on the field? 
Jerry
:biggrin: I didn't do anything. This team is a feeder team for the high school team, however it is not affiliated with the school.  The coaches make the rules and we have to live by them. My daughter loves playing with them and for the first time I've got to set back and just watch. At the beginning of the season the coaches gave everyone a speech. They gave the parents the business, don't do this, this , or this. They told the girls if you quit on us now (at ages 11, 12, &13) you will never play for us again. I wondered how my daughter would react, but I believe it's made her a better player.

Quote from: Hawks Feather on September 19, 2010, 10:33:47 PM
If you really want to get on the field and it is a school team talk with the coach, yearbook advisor, and the athletic director.  Tell them what camera you have (maybe take your camera along with a long lens), emphasis that it is not a point and shoot, and that you will allow the school to use your images for school publications if they let you get inside and shoot. 
Jerry
After the wife keeps the book a few times, I'm gonna hit em up.  :wink:

coyote101

Quote from: shaddragger on September 19, 2010, 08:55:06 PM
Roundman!! Tell her that's good form on that fly, both hands up & looking across the glove!

That is exactly what I was thinking. Great pictures Mike.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Maybe you could talk with the coaches and see if you can become the "Official" photographer for the team and that you will share the images that you take with the rest of the parents.  It could become your next (nonpaying) job.

Jerry

Roundman

Jerry, I was shot down without hesitation. I asked if I could shoot from the dugout and I was told it would be a distraction.  :rolleye:  Park rules state nobody but players and coaches inside the fence.  :readthis:  I do understand from a coaching standpoint, but I don't get to go to many games. Whatever, the wife got a video of her hitting a nice shot up the middle on her small camera.  :highclap:

Hawks Feather

Well, it was worth a try.  Maybe someone will vandalize the fence in a couple of places and you could stick a lens there.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on September 24, 2010, 02:00:17 PM
Well, it was worth a try.  Maybe someone will vandalize the fence in a couple of places and you could stick a lens there.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

Jerry  :alscalls:

Enjoy them Roundman....a couple years makes a big difference, you said it. :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com