• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

30 day adventure...

Started by centerfire_223, July 06, 2016, 06:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

Well I just got back from a 30 day adventure. Thanks to Obama Care I had to take of 30 days from work, with no pay.  :pout: But my wife, little girl put it to good use. We took off on a 3 week camping trip up into WV, VA, and Ohio. I got to fish the New River, Greenbrier River,  and Shenandoah River. Here are a few fish I got from the Shenandoah.

I have a bunch more pictures to add as I get them loaded. Caught some really nice smallies.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

pitw

Cooooooool.   :highclap: :highclap:
Post away. :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Looks like some good fish.  Hopefully it won't be your last trip to Ohio.

Jerry

Dave

Great 3 weeks use of those 30 days. Can't wait to see more pics and hopefully see the water your fishing - can see a little in the second pic.

centerfire_223

Here are a few more pictures of my adventure.

The fish gods were looking out for me.

Here is a smallie that had these big sores on it's side. I talked with the park rangers and they were telling me that they had a big fish die off for the last few years because of this. Seems some chicken farmers up stream were pushing waste into the river, causing a bacteria that effected the fish. But it only effected the larger ones.

Those smallmouth sure put up a fight, especially in the current.

I felt like a pro out there, even had a audience.

Here is a picture of Sandstone Falls (New River, WV), there have been several kayaker's die on these falls. They don't look it but their about 15-20 feet high. Most of the time it's fishermen, that get to close and go over.

More smallie water on the New River.

Shenandoah River smallmouth

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Okanagan

Gorgeous country!  Looks like a lot of fun.    Glad you got to do it.

FinsnFur

THAT CLOUD! wow that is so cool. :holdon: What kind Omen is THAT?
Nice smallies, those things are fun to catch no matter what size they are. Did you keep any? Smallies are good chewin.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com