• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Jackman

Started by msmith, August 24, 2023, 08:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

I'm sitting here contemplating the hunting, or rather trouble I'm going to get into with the missus this year. My buddy's father is over 90 and his health is such that he requires 24/7 care, so I am lamenting his condition but realize that a hunting trip this year is out of the question. Prayers for him and his dad would be appreciated.

With that I am reminiscing about the trip we took last year to Jackman ME to do a little bird hunting. My buddy has two bad knees that need replaced once he gets his A1C in check, so we weren't able to venture too far from the truck and took frequent breaks. This put more emphasis on comradery and great views and less on the hunt itself but didn't detract from the trip at all.

This area is a lot like home, except for the sparse population, due to the fact that it's simply the same Appalachian (Appalatchan) mountains that is here, just farther north.
Good food and good accommodations.

Chester. If I remember correctly, he is an English Springer

A lake that I would love to go back and fish

Random shots of the guys

The ridge in the background is Canada

A little gyp that I would loved to have brought home.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hawks Feather

Nice looking lodge and the shot of the lake is breathtaking. Sure looks like it would be a good time.

msmith

Oh, it was an amazing time. I have a very unorthodox redneck story to tell about it sometime when I feel like typing.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hawks Feather

We will be waiting.

FinsnFur

Yah that is some beautiful country :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Yep, gorgeous country.  Loved the pics!

pitw

Think I'd try the fishing. :biggrin:
Great pics.
I say what I think not think what I say.