Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

I have an older Simmons 3x9x50 scope that I've used on several different guns over the years. It's a low end scope, I think I paid about $50 for it, but it's done a great job. I have it on my 30-06 now.

alscalls

I have the 8 point but I have had crosshair problems with them in the past.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

bigben

my combo gun has a simmons pro turkey scope.  it has ill ret and is a 1.5-5 power scope.  the 1.5 makes it nice for running shots with the shotgun and the ill ret makes it nice for night hunting.  I might be changing though since this scope is made for 50 yds stuff gets fuzzy out past 75.  I can still make stuff out well on the lower range of the power but I have owned a few simmons and they have held up well for me. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FOsteology

I had one on a .22Mag many years ago.... wouldn't hold zero.

Carolina Coyote

Bushnell bought this company recently, don't know if that will bring some improvements or not .cc

FinsnFur

I've got a Simmons 3x9x32, that I bought new and put on a Semi Auto 22lr. Can't recall what I paid for it, I know it was fairly cheap, but for the money I think it performs excellent on top of a light rim fire.

Nice imaging clarity, and crisp reticles.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

I have an 8 point and a cheaper one .....both broke from recoil in 15 shots or less. They don't like my .458 win. mag.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Okanagan

I have two Simmons scopes, a higher end model that is good and a low end cheapo that is bad.

The good Simmons is an older 3-9x40  (I think) wide view higher end scope in the President or Executive line or something like that.  It came on a rifle I horse traded for and it has functioned flawlessly for 15 years on a heavy barrelled 6mm.  It is not handy for me to go check the details, but if it is representative of the higher end Simmons, it speaks well of them.

The other is a 3-9x40 Whitetail scope that came on a Savage 111 package rifle.  It is basically junk.  The threads on the scope mounts either came from the factory stripped or I stripped them the first time I turned the screws.  After one season, the reticle adjustments became erratic so that sighting it in was a matter of luck.  One day at the range, turning the adjustment dials ever farther did not move the impact point at all, but suddenly, the point of impact jumped to within an inch of where I wanted.  Needing to take it hunting, I left it alone and hunted with it.  As soon as possible I replaced it with a Leupold VXII 3-9x40.