• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Rattlesnake hunting.

Started by bigben, June 15, 2011, 12:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

last weekend I did some rattlesnake hunting with some friends.  We ended up finding 16 handling about 5 of em.  I also managed to catch my first ever native brookie.  Then we did see a elk fawnlaying beside a rock as well  here are some photos and video I took. 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

weedwalker

Them things there's big enough to hurt a feller. Did you find those there around where you live, or farther upstate in the mountains?

Hawks Feather

The fawn has pretty good camo and I had to look twice to see it.  The snakes showed up really well and I had no problem seeing them.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Pass, on the snakes :sad3:
Really cool pics though, thanks for sharing them. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I traveled north to hunt these snakes.  but we do have timber rattlers round here. 

Yeah we actually walked past the fawn and turned around and seen it. 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Todd Rahm

bigben

Dave

I like the video, and the strike at the end.  Really shows their size.

shaddragger

:wo: Those snakes look really dark. Is that a regional thing or are they all like that?
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen