• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Newby hooked to coyote hunting

Started by possumal, November 06, 2013, 12:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Yote Yoda took a newby out coyote hunting yesterday afternoon to a farm in Boyle County.  They made their setup at a small group of trees in a big hayfield.  Using the Shockwave and the Fox Jack 3, starting with Interrogation Howl, they got a response howl from a long way off.  Trading howls back and forth, Yoda just gave the coyote back what he was putting out.  Finally, the coyote showed up about 180 yds away where a ditch left the field into a wooded area.  He sort of hung up there, so Yoda gave him some Vole Squeaks and started working him closer.  Every time, the coyote would stop, he'd give him another little dose of Vole Squeaks, eventually having him stop at 90 yds. The newby, a marine just back from combat duty, put the smack on him with his 308 deer rifle, DRT.  Needless to say, he is hooked tight.  This was a typical setup with the Foxgrip feature allowing Yoda to work the coyote without fooling with the remote.  Being a marine vet himself, it gave him extra pleasure to take this deserving young fellow hunting.  Hooked on his first coyote trip is way cool in my view.  44 lb. beautiful male. Here is a picture:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Jimbo, what makes you think that looks like a female?
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

Looks like a female to me also.  Primarily because we know that they dye/bleach their hair and when it starts to grow out the dark roots show.  Notice the new dark fur growth on the spine --- got to be a female.  Good observation Jim.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

:alscalls:
Yep, her roots are starting to show. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com