• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What is this? 3-17

Started by remrogers, March 17, 2019, 08:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remrogers

Hawks Feather

That is a balance that is used when sharpening lawn mower blades. After removing material from the ends (sharpening) you place it on the balance and if it tilts to one side you know you need to remove more material from that end.  It has steps for different sized arbors making it possible to be used for many different sized blades. Back in the day, you could also scribe a line across the center of the arbor and then use that as the center when balancing a blade. That worked pretty well as long as the scribed line was in the center. This tool removes that error.  When using this or any other balancing item for lawn mower blades, make sure to remove all of the built up grass so that you get an accurate reading.

remrogers

You,sir, are an encyclopedia of information and correct on this item.

Hawks Feather

Thanks, but I am just old.  But I also have one in my basement.

FinsnFur

Yah Ummm wow :bowingsmilie:
I'm printing this one and hanging it up on my fridge :readthis:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 18, 2019, 09:29:03 PM
Yah Ummm wow :bowingsmilie:
I'm printing this one and hanging it up on my fridge :readthis:

:yoyo:    :yoyo:    :yoyo:    :highclap:    :highclap:    :highclap:    :yoyo:    :yoyo:    :yoyo:   (Just for 'old times' sake.)

HaMeR

Dad used one of those so I knew when I seen it. Way to go Jerry Brittanica!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HaMeR on March 19, 2019, 03:45:20 PM
Dad used one of those so I knew when I seen it. Way to go Jerry Brittanica!!  :laf: :laf:

When I went to school we actually had a set of encyclopedias in the library. Since there was only one set in the school we couldn't check a book out and had to do our research there. (Now where is the 'old man with a cane' emoji?