• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Opinions

Started by straycat, November 01, 2006, 03:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straycat

OK fellers....... here's your chance. I decided to try reloading 243. I picked up 1000 CCI primers ( for 7$ ),some cases and a lb of IMR 4064.

I have decided that a 70-80 grain bullet is what I am wanting to load,here lies the question.........which bullet should I use? I'm undecided between 75 V max,ballistic tips or hollow points.What is my best bet?I can get any of them no problem.

Thanks,Joel

P.S.  This will be for eastern coyotes.
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

FinsnFur

Vmax would be my preference for accuracy.

This is just my opinion, but I think hollow points travel slower and are more apt to tumble.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I shoot the V-Max and they work pretty good, at least on ground hogs.

Jerry

fuzz624

The 65 grain v-max bullets shoot very well in my 243.If you want to save the hide,choose your shots wisely.When a v-max bullet makes a pass through it will leave one hell of a hole.Where did you get 1000 CCI primers for 7$?I would love to get a deal like that.

straycat

Well,Fuzz.........you going to LBL? If so I'll go and get another 1000 for ya. Can't reveal all my secrets !  :eyebrow:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

straycat

Well.......................I thank you guys for your opinions,was kinda hoping to get a lot more,but,thats the way it goes.  :shrug:       Anyway I have decided I am going with a Hornady 80 gr SP , just because I just bought 2 boxes for 10.00 total.  :eyebrownod: Guess I will try them out in a few days.
Thanks again,Joel

fuzz624

I dont know if im going to the lbl hunt or not.Im going to try my best to make it but not sure yeat.