• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

HELP!!!

Started by alscalls, November 20, 2009, 03:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

I got a Sony Handycam Camcorder with a Ziess 40X Optical Zoom and a 2000X digital zoom.  A 4 GB memory stick and So far I have figured out how to record on the memory stick with no book...... :laf:
But I would like to figure out the best way to edit the recording .......and how to save it without the file being so danged HUGE.
I did a 54 second test on SP and it was 33.5 MB   :laf: :laf: :laf:
I know I can go with less quality but I do not want anything less I would like to get some good hunting footage and I want to be able to put it all together so it all makes some sense. We are taking it bow hunting this AM and see what we get just for fun.....Maybe a tree rat hunt this afternoon and gun season next week. I think it would be fun to share with the family at thanksgiving and If I can figure out how......hopefully a couple of clips for you fellas of some deer getting the smackdown....
Any help would be appreciated. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

CCP

Al headed to work but will post up some details with some info this afternoon. Video takes a lot of space on your computer. Average is only 4 min of film for every gig.

Need a AVI file for editing then once edited you can compress to upload on the internet. Example the Prostaff spoof was originally 875 meg It was only 3min 22 seconds long, compressed it to around 20 meg for here. The quality loss is extremely bad compared to the original.

You can use Movie maker that comes free with Windows for editing.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

alscalls

Thanks Richard.......I look forward to your post.....
I went bow hunting today and Recorded me shooting a doe....I got some good footage of the Doe coming in and the kill shot!
It was not easy......By myself..... :nono:  but I got er done...... :eyebrownod:
I just tried Movie maker and got this warning when I tried to transfer the clip ........

"MPG Could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from."

I dont even know what that means..... :confused:

I was so pleased to shoot anything and film it myself......I could not believe I got it done the first time out with the camera....I cant figure out how to share it on the net yet but it was an experience I will never forget.
I will save it on my flash drive until I get it edited and shrunk down a bit.
I will be using it for several weeks then I am off after the coyotes with the camera..... :biggrin:.....I know that will be a heck of a challenge but I just gotta try it. My only regret is that I wish I could run the zoom while holding full draw.... :laf: ..... It was hard enough just to get the camera running in the right spot at the right time.....I had to let off once and turn off the camera so I could move it and then turn it back on and draw a second time and wait for the deer to enter the frame before shooting...... :whew:  Nerve racking...... :hahaha: :hahaha:

I look forward to you response Rich and Thanks again.  :wink:
AL

golfertrout

cool deal Al glad you got another deer, i like deer meat :eyebrow: Stu called this morning and said he stuck a doe also :madd: im missing the deer hunt but im enjoying the fishing. we will get after them when i get back :yoyo:

CCP

Al here are a few things I found on the internet.

Editing Footage from a DVD Camcorder

DVD is a distribution format, not an editing format. Indeed, the format is specifically designed to be difficult to retrieve and edit.

You cannot just copy files from your DVD camera to your PC. Instead you need to "rip" the files using a special software application. In keeping with the theme of making things difficult, camcorder manufacturers often do not provide any such software and it's up to you to find something.

If you want to fine-tune any of the footage or even just upload a video to FnF, you will need to convert it to a workable format first.
There is a lot of free software (“freeware”) that can help you convert your DVD video so that your computer can recognize and play back the file, which is exactly what must happen in order to upload videos to the web or do any editing that you cannot do on the camcorder itself. You can also purchase software if you aren’t comfortable with the idea of downloading freeware via the Internet.

Al here is a pretty good freeware program HERE You want to make sure to convert your video to AVI files this way you can edit them in Movie Maker. Just remember video eats up lots of space on your HD's.

Hope this helps.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

alscalls

How do I convert them to AVI ?
AL

CCP

QuoteHow do I convert them to AVI ?

Al you would have to download and install the software below. I have not personally used the software but have read several forums where people have used it and had no problems.

Down Load Here

Not sure but if you can get the scenes you want onto your computer you maybe able to upload them to photo bucket. Just not sure what formats they accept.

I have not used the DVD camcorders for this reason.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

alscalls

That file is corrupt......Im trying.......Thanks Richard    :yoyo:
AL