• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bass Pro Shops and Anti Hunting

Started by DirtyDog, January 02, 2008, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Not sure how much truth there is to this because I don't get the magazine, but I wanted to share a post that I stole off of another web site.

QuoteI have a Bank of America Bass Pro Shops credit card and have never been thrilled with Bank of America, but this put me over the top.

Page 26 of the January 2008 American Hunter magazine:

"Bank of America Supports Anti-Hunting"
Bank of America has started a joint promotion with The Humane Society of the United State (HSUS), the biggest anti-hunting group in the world. According to Bank of America's website, HSUS "has worked to promote the protection of all animals." As a result, "The HSUS and Bank of America have partnered to offer you a variety of specialized personal financial services, including: Checking accounts, Savings accounts, CDs and Money Markets." What HSUS really supports is outlawing hunting, and with it, rational game management."

If you care about your outdoor lifestyle I encourage you to sever all ties with Bank of America and even Bass Pro Shops until they sever all of their ties with Bank of America. Surely they couldn't have knowingly supported this move by Bank of America, but the HSUS is already a multi-million dollar animal rights group that certainly does not need any additional funding from sportsmen! Please pass this along to everyone you know.

FinsnFur

Doesnt make much sense, Basspro sells hunting stuff themselves.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Jimbo......here is the link to the thread. If you want to remove it, go ahead. Just thought the info might help.

Bass Pro Shops and Bank of America

FinsnFur

No, I'm not calling you a liar.  :nono:  I read the article yesterday before I posted.  :eyebrownod:
I'm just saying it doesnt make much sense since BassPro themselves clearly appear ProHunting.

In other words... "hey Basspro, what's up with this?"

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

I just emailed BP.

Hi. I'm wondering if BP is considering a change in their relationship with Bank of America? It seems that hunter/fishermen & women are funding the anti's in their fight against us. Personally I would like to see a change in this area of your operations & I will give the benefit of the doubt that BP didn't see this coming.  Thank You!!

Glen Shaffer

I'll post a reply when I get it.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

I would have to say that they did not see it coming, and to just change banks in a company like that is a HUGE deal. It is not like you and I running down to the bank and getting a new account. There are tons of corporate accounts and corporate credit cards and so forth and so on. I am not saying that a change won't happen, I am just saying that it won't be easy.

HaMeR

I understand completely Joe. The legalities would be mind boggling to a dummy like me. :madd:  I just hope they at least consider changing. BP doesn't have much for me but I would like to see them consider a change anyhow.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Bank of America also has credit cards for Quail Unlimited, National Wild Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited, and Whitetails Unlimited.  BOA does lots of specialty cards.  They are in the banking business.

I don't believe they care one way of the other about anti-hunting.  They want business. Here is a list of their credit cards.

http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/index.cfm?context_id=all_cards

I have one of their U.S. Military Academy West Point cards.  Never had a problem with them.

Semp

HaMeR

:whew:  Here is BP's response to my above letter. Hope you all find it encouraging. :biggrin:

Glen,

Bass Pro Shops has been honored numerous times for our conservation efforts as well as support of our hunting and shooting sports heritage.

Contractual relationships with major business organizations most likely will be challenged with conflicting views and philosophies with other business agreements - we as a company cannot dictate the business of others.

While Bank of America does do business with the Humane Society, they are much more supportive and have long-established relationships with groups that support hunting and conservation. Besides Bass Pro Shops, Bank of America has business relationships with pro-hunting groups like Ducks Unlimited, the National Wild Turkey Federation, the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, Quail Unlimited, and Whitetails Unlimited.

There are also a host of other conservation organizations, like the National Wildlife Federation and the Nature Conservancy, that have business relationships with Bank of America.

In total, these relationships result in millions of dollars of revenue each year to pro-hunting/conservation organizations.

While the HSUS has some views that we as hunters and shooters may not agree with they also do some good things for animals and wildlife. According to Bank of America, they have never made a donation of any kind to HSUS. It is a business relationship much like your relationship with your bank.

Bank of America has made significant donations to hunting and shooting sports organizations including the following:

-$5MM donation to Ducks Unlimited's "Wetlands for Tomorrow" campaign

-$100,000 Ducks Unlimited donation match for USA Today's Salute to Charity

-Sponsorship of the Bank of America Conservation Cup for the National Wild Turkey Federation

Those of us that enjoy our right to hunt and enjoy the shooting sports must remain passionate and supportive of those companies and organizations that fight for these rights.

As Americans, we have the right to say and believe what we choose. That is what makes America great!

Best regards,
Jacklyn
Bass Pro Shops
2500 E Kearney
Springfield, MO 65898
1-800-BASS-PRO
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

WOW...I applaud the fact that they even responded. You can tell by the wording in response that it wasn't nothing pre-printed and ready to go either. She sat down and typed that out right to you Glen.

Did she give you a phone number  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

DirtyDog

My guess is that they have been getting flooded with emails and this is just one of a bunch......I am glad to hear the words straight from the horses mouth thats for sure.  :biggrin:

Good leg work Glen, I knew we were keeping ya around for something.  :biggrin:

HaMeR

:iroll:  Well of course

NOT!!!!! :pout:

:laf: :laf:

I thought it was an actual response myself. But either way it appears to clear things up for us.

And instead of the fees from B of A CC purchases funding the nazis   :holdon: :shck:  Oh hell,, the NAZIS!!  :biggrin: It's gonna be there fees funding the AMERICAN way of life!! :eyebrow:

Joe-- And here I thought it was for my kwikwit & cents of hoomer!! :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

Yeah.....thats it.  :wink:                                    :laf:

iahntr

Good job Glen.  :thumb2:

I think it sounds like a personal response too.  ;yes;
Scott

blacky

if you still have doubts, get another credit card and use it. If enough people do that BOA will get the message and use their money in the right way.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

jbordy

I'm new here but reading the above comments some of you do your homework quite well.  When I buy from Bass Pro I always hand them my Cabela's credit card and they always ask me if I want one of theirs.  "Thank you but no" with a smile : :nono: is all they get.
Learn daily and pass it on.